vista serial not recognized

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
suby01
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35x

so i purchased vista home premium 32 bit from ebay. 99% seller feedback. and installed windows and everything worked fine until after a couple hours windows activation window popped up and then said that my windows is not genuine. and to re enter the the product key. i did and still same thing. my question is that the cd, package and certificate of authencity really look authentic. am i doing something wrong? is there a way around this? or is this really a bootleg vista version, mo matter what ? thanks guys.

240Knightrider

I would call microsoft and explain the situation. If its genuine, you can read them the serial on the tip of the Disc itself and they can tell you the correct serial number.

teddy
Car: Saab Turbo and MR2

I had the same situation with an authentic XP disc. I had to call Microsoft's activation hotline or whatever it's called and after talking with a rep, they gave me a new number to enter that activated windows.

suby01

hi thanks yes i did that last night they gave me a new product key. and then we activated windows and everything was ok. but then when i went to install drivers on my computer and i restarted the comp it went back to the same thing that it needs to be activated and now the key that ms gave me is invalid.

teddy
Car: Saab Turbo and MR2

you're probably going to have to call them again and explain what happened. If it happens again after that, you might just want to buy a Mac

suby01

haha i gave my comp to a guy from work so he can fiddle with it since he builds computers. ill keep you posted with what he finds...haha and noo no mac for mee. i refuse to give in to apple mac and the ipod...

Razi
Car: Moo

lol Vista.

Uberck
Car: 240sx

this is why i love site like mininova.org, isohunt.com, and thepiratebay.org

Return to “Computers / Electronics”