Virginia 240sx BBQ - July 25th

Including VA, WV, MD, DE, DC, NJ, PA, CT, RI, NY, MA, NH, VT, and ME
Josh
Car: My car

93Twiztid240 wrote:I would love to come but I don't think I can get a Friday off, too bad it wasn't on a Saturday,maybe the next meet should be on Saturday so people that work during the week will have a chance to make it to one.

Hell yeah man... I hate that everyone always does **** on Friday nights. I work 8-6 M-F and then work Saturday morning. So I had to take off Friday afternoon and Saturday to come.

nissanrcer240
Car: Cars, Girls,Basketball

Quote »I should be able to go to the Fredrick meet. I just ordered my Koyo today from HeavyThrottle. Got the last one and they won't get more for two months!!!! Woo Hoo![/quote]

great:) i wanna see your car, its very possible now that i might have my engine put in by the 25th, i know im going to have the engine, it just depends on how long it takes to put it in..im not going to start it unless it'll be ready by the 25th b/c i want to have a car then

nissanrcer240

update: my engine is on its way as of this coming friday:) ....

also bringin up my post count and bumping this thread

Josh

Well, she did it to me again.

I come to expect it by now, because everything was going good and fine for almost two weeks. That was almost two weeks with no problems, no taking her in, nothing.

Then today... I *think* my oil sending unit busted, and oil is leaking through there... Well, I sure hope. 'Cause the good ol' oil light came on today, so I stopped, popped the hood and I see coolant leaking all over the place. Nice. Busted radiator hose. Checked the oil, almost empty. Great.

I love my car. My beautiful 240SX. My reliable 240SX.

Oh well, tomorow a new hose will go on, and I find out if its the sending unit or the oil pan gasket. Then I'll fix it, and wait for the next mishap.

I just hope it won't break the day before the meet.

s14kaibigan

Damn Josh. Now that's love. I'm the same way about my car though. She could break down everyday, but as long as I get to drive her on my backroads, its all good. Nissanrcer- I'll be at the lot this friday, then saturday I'll be up in rockville checking out their lot. Wanna join?

nrcooled
Car: cars, duh

I will try to make it out this Fri. to rockville just depends on how tired I am. Gotta work from 6AM-6PM so we'll see how it goes. Also depends if I get my radiator by then

sasgha

sounds good, i'll see what i can do about showing up. ive also heard that there is a BBQ on the 20th as well, at the same location. does anyone have any info on this? ive heard it sa midatlantic 240 event. i dont know, what can i bring if im able to show up?

s14kaibigan

I haven't heard about a 240sx BBQ on the 20th. Especially at Loriella park. This isn't an event held by any certain club or forum. It's just a get together that everyone talked about doing and I just found the place for it. If you're going to come, which I hope you do, bring whatever you'd like. On the website (you can find it on the first post), there is a link to who is attending and what they'll be bringing. So where in VA are you at? What do you drive?

sasgha

i live in frederickburg, va. I have a 1990 240sx, i havent driven it yet. i bought it at a car auction in DC a month or so ago. i had a problem with the alt. its all done with i just need inspection, and tags. mod include: upgraded ECU--for intake and exhaust. i have a janspeed exhaust, and a K&N intake cone. i want to turn it into a drifter.

i will try and be at the BBQ, i'll see if i can work early so that i can show up.

240dreams
Car: 240's

sooo uh....what kind of food will be served?

Josh

Look at the website he's got about it. Looks like mainly hot dogs and burgers... And whatever you want to bring.

[Zero-S]
Car: Tell me whats wrong with this picture. 3 240's, only one runs.

You upgraded your ECU for I/E?EDIT:ON TOPICI'm gonna try to bring something good, thats all I'm saying.

s14kaibigan

Hmmm...magic brownies? :ylsuper

about the upgraded ECU...I was thinking the same thing...you could just adjust your timing for bolt ons. Cheaper and easier.

240dreams - Only thing being served is what everyone is bringing. Check out the website on who is bringing what. It's been updated as of july 8th 01:30

Nissanrcer - how about we take care of the ice at the BBQ since we're from the area. There's a gas station less than half a mile from the park. I can fit a cooler in my car, so i can get some ice. Maybe if you can fit one, you can get some ice too.

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

Iam gonna try to come, hopefully(everyone pray) in my 240sx, if not maybe my girls camaro.

sasgha

well i didnt pay to much for the upgrade on my ECU. i bought it off some guy on ebay. it was done by Ultima Performance in New York. the label states that it has been upgraded for intake and exhaust. i have yet to find out exactly what has been done and what type of numbers am i looking at. the person i got it from he said the 240 he had it on was faster than the other sohc 240 he had.

nissanrcer240

been a while since ive been on, workin all the time:rolleyes

sasgha, welcome to NICO, im up in fredericksburg all the time, you ever go to the lot, what car did you drive there if so?

s14kaibigan, saturday i gotta work...friday i got off, i got plans but i think i might be up at the lot for a little while , maybe like around 10-11:00...wheres rockville? also about the ice and stuff, that sounds good, im got alot of the food covered, i think im gonna bring alot of the deserts ,cookies etc

we'll have plenty of food just put it that way, ima have a car full,lol...if your at the lot friday and see me, give me a shout, maybe when we leave you can show me exactly where the park is that were having the meet at,b/c i havent seen it yet..

looks like the meet planning is coming along good so far, keep up the good work;) any other way i can help let me know

nissanrcer240

ok, i looked at your list now of food and stuff...i can get steaks, maybe not for everybody but i can get alot of them, hotdogs, hotdog/hamburger buns,ketchup, manoisse(sp) and other suaces like that, soda(speaking of sode, what do you guys prefer just bringin lots of 2 liters and plastic cups and what not, or getting 12 packs and 24 packs of canned soda?) , snacks, chips, plates, napkins, plastic forks and spoons....

i'll probly think of some more things when i actualy get the stuff, i'll see then i guess

[Zero-S]
Car: Tell me whats wrong with this picture. 3 240's, only one runs.

Canned Canned Canned. For the lazy people like me who don't like to pour drinks;). And I'll split some of the steaks with you nissanrcer, that is if I can ever get that damn recipe from my friend. I should call him now. Haha s14 magic brownies?? I'll see what I can do...

240dreams

Does anyone from Woodbrodge want to meet up and roll to BBQ together? I dont wanna go solo considering I dont know any of you guys. A headstart would be nice.

s14kaibigan

240dreams - 95kouki is from woodbridge. I live in Stafford, which is on the way to Fredericksburg. 95kouki may be meeting me in Stafford so we can roll down there together. You're more than welcome to join us. Let me know if you're interested.

Nissanrcer240 - This friday I'll be heading up to the little meet in Manassas at the Burger King on 28. If you're heading into Fburg from Rt 3 (you're from Culpeper, right) just make a right on Salem Church Rd (Where the Chick-fil-a is). Salem Church will turn into Leavells Rd, and you will see the park on your right. It's past a school. The light after you pass the park is Rt 208 (Courthouse Rd) and you just make a left to head to the lot from there.

sasgha

nissanrcer240--hope to see you at the lot this evening. my 240 isnt up yet but should be next week for the car/bike show in richmond and for the 240 together on the 25.

nrcooled

I just found out that I have to work on the 25th and hopefully will be able to be able to come in late. Anyway I should be there

The Koyo is awesome. Temp gauge is steady as a rock now and I can beat on her with 14lbs in the heat. Time to hit the road courses again!

Kaibigan- What time are you guys leaving from Stafford so I can get a good time when people will be showing up. I have to go to another picnic at 1130 but it will be just a "drop in say hi and leave" event then I will head down to Fredricksburg.

240dreams

sounds koo. where in stafford? garrisonville exit?

s14kaibigan

Yeah, I'm off of the Garrisonville Exit (143b). I'm guessing we can meet around 3:00pm here on Garrisonville Rd and get to the park about 3:30 to start setting up stuff. Plus I wanna be there early since I reserved the place.

I guess we can meet in the McDonald's parking lot. It's at the second light on the right when you get off of the exit (143b). If you got any questions, just email me.

Nrcooled-Glad to hear the Koyo kicks a$$. Glad to know you're going to be able to make it to the meet also. OT:did you ever sell that digital camera from a couple weeks back?

nrcooled

No I never sold it...are you interested? hahahaha I have another one which I will bring with me along with my camcorder. I will try to meet you guys at the McD's at 3:00 then roll with you. Just have to finalize some arrangements for my daughter's care since my wife wants to come also. Don't worry, she's a car chick!

I will try to bring some food down also. Maybe soda, beer, water, or sumptin'.

240dreams

damn i love this unity. I'll be trailing u guys in my stock az 240. So at mcD it is i'll be there. Does the park or pavillion have b-ball courts by any chance?

nrcooled

Quote »Does the park or pavillion have b-ball courts by any chance?[/quote]If it does you will get PWN3D! j/k I will def. play if there are some though. Make sure to bring a B-ball just in case. Unfortunately mine was lost in one of my many moves with the millitary.

Josh

So, you guys are meeting up at the McDonalds then heading to the pavilion? What time? I don't know how early I'll be up there, so I may just have to meet at the pavilion.

You guys have directions from Route 17? Or is that way out of the way?

s14kaibigan

From 17: when you hit Rt 1 in Spotsylvania, make a right. Go north about 6-7 lights and make a left at Rt 208 (courthouse rd). Make a right on Leavells Rd. The park will be on your left about a mile down the road.

I will have to check on the Bball courts...I know they have soccer fields, playgrounds, an outdoor pool, and frisbee golf. They should have courts if they're gonna have frisbee golf.

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

I went to mapquest and it had 2 listing for Fredericksburg. It has the independent city or rockbridge. Which is it?

Return to “Northeast Region”