Viper remote start system

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Vitaliy
Car: 2015 Q50 Limited edition

I got Viper 5301-2LE (main module is 4204) remote starter system and Idatalink ADS-AL-CA bypass module. I'm going to install this set on my 2015 Q50 3.7L. Datalink connection. Does anybody have experience with this? Looking for car related wiring and pictures (in ideal). Do I need to wire door lock/unlock, trunk release? what output use for parking light? Where to get 12V constant supply? Do I really need such heavy gauge wires in 8-pin connector? And so on.

Vitaliy

I'm confused about Ignition 1 (+) wiring. In Idatalink and Fortin installation manual they use pin# 66 on BCS. But in Q50 service manual pin# 66 is blover control relay and accesory+ is pin# 113. :confused:
What is correct?

Vitaliy

Any help?

Here is what I have:
ADS-AL-CA programmed with DBI-AL(DL)-NI3-EN for Q50 and 5301
Here is info from the screen I received from seller.
Device type: Remote Starter
Make and model: Viper - 5301 Responder LE
Installation mode: DBI
Firmware: DL-NI3

Remote starter system 5301-2LE (4204 main module)
Connected according to diagram #4. I just moved few wires to J/B M133 connector as I'm going to place it behind the wheel.
INSTALLATION MODE SELECTION: Set ADS to data mode.
MODULE PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE success.

Doors lock/unlock does not work. Light flashes and I see pulses on remote outputs but locks do not react.
When push start button the ignition turns on, LED on bypass is flashing green. Then at the moment Viper activate start outputs the LED turns to solid RED. After few second system turns OFF. It repeats this 3 times. After 3-d time it goes off permanently with alarm on remote fob and "incorrect key ID" on the screen.
What did I miss?
Could it be because the bypass programmed for 5301 but actual module is 4204? Which model should be picked from ADS programming menu if 4204 is not listed? Use "Others"?
Would really appreciate real help.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Man I wish I could help you here. I'm far too intimidated to play with electrical stuff in this car.

Have you looked in the FSM for the Q50 to see about anything that may help you in the electrical section there? http://www.nicoclub.com/fsm

RicerX

After re-reading, it may be a question for the guys at Viper. Someone here may have some experience with it though - happens more often than not.

RicerX

What is BCS?

I would err on the side of the Q50 service manual, but I would need to know what BCS is first.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Duplicate threads merged.

Vitaliy

BCS - body control system.
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... %20Q50/bcs
Looks like Idatalink read this thread as they posted updated wiring diagram with accessory relay control connected. I wonder this this the only mistake they made as I still cannot make it work.

RicerX

Gotcha - I wasn't sure of the context of the acronym. I'm tracking now.

You might be onto something with the whole additional mistake thing. Looks like they're making updates.

Vitaliy

I made this change. Nothing happened.
Could be software issue as well.
I reprogrammed bypass for Viper "Others". Still nothing.
What I found is the ignition relay set in IPDM and should be activated over CAN is not turning ON.
I dont see any activity on PTS(-) bypass output.
3xlock does not work as well. It acts as just 3 times doors lock.
All outputs from 4204 work fine.
If I press start on remote with door opened it shows "kee system error"
Would anybody help to troublshoot it?

Red Rogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I have a Viper model 4105V installed in a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL. Everything works except in remote start the rear window defrost and side mirrors don't work. You must turn engine off then start again and then everything works. I will go back to installer and see if there is anything they can do. The Viper 4105V uses another fob ( it's small and range is about 1000 ft ) but this is no issue with me. My wife's Subaru uses the factory key fob but it's cumbersome to activate . I prefer a separate fob. If doors are left unlocked you can start the vehicle but as soon as door is opened engine shuts off. When locked engine starts, unlock door and apply brake, car stays running and off you go. $330 complete, Viper 4105V and installed! Worked so good bought another one for my sister in law 2013 Nissan Murano, it to works great !! :yesnod

Red Rogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Update on remote start Viper model 4105v. In remote start some things don't work but once you get in and tap brake the mirror and rear defogger works. All else works fine. I noticed if i use remote start just the rear tail light stay on momentary front LED lights go on but if you hit the door unlock then lock the front LED lights go on again. This is good if you need to find your car at night and is facing you. All in all the Viper works great.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”