Viper 771XV Install Issue

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
drudian
Car: 04 Nissan Armada

I recently had a Viper 771XV remote start / alarm installed in my 04 Armada. I'm having a problem with my automatic headlights staying on after using the remote start. THis only happenes if i a) use the remote to start and then stop the car without entering the vehicle or b ) use the remote to start the car and then let it run until it turns off. I have figured out that the drivers door must be opened after the car is shut off to trigger the lights to shut off. I also know that I can just turn off my automatic headlights feature but live in a bad neighborhood and need the lights to stay on until I'm in my house. I think that I can install a relay to trigger the door but then the alrm will go off if the doors are locked. Someone please help me.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I am working on trying to find an answer for you!

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

It sounds like the alarm has a headlight control. I had an alarm that had all the same options you are describing. It also had a lot of programmable features, and you may take it back to the installer, and see if they can get the headlights programmed correctly.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

http://www.the12volt.com/insta...no=11

Hope this helps. Sign up with them, and you can DL the installation manual.

Here is the owners manual to it from Viper. http://www.viper.com/Products/...D=105

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

beancooker wrote:It sounds like the alarm has a headlight control. I had an alarm that had all the same options you are describing. It also had a lot of programmable features, and you may take it back to the installer, and see if they can get the headlights programmed correctly.
Actually, it appears he is using the auto headlight feature which turns the lights on and off for you when the car is on. This is not part of the alarm. My Titan has this as well and sure enough, the lights will stay on even if you remove the key until you open and close a door.

A simple solution might be to use a relay (you may need one that provides a delayed signal) that would produce an open door signal when the alarm cuts off. To prevent the alarm from being triggered, you can splice in a diode into the factory signal wire (usually the domelight is used to give off the door open signal) to prevent the false door open signal from reaching the alarm's door open sensor lead. I'd need a schematic to be more specific on how to do this, but diodes are wonderful devices to use. I have one in my Titan that prevents my reverse lights from being on anytime I manually switch on my reverse camera.

OHQX
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56

FWIW, I had *exactly* the same problem with a Viper installation on my 2005 Sequoia. Any time you use the remote start and the engine is stopped either manually with the remote *or* the 20-minute timer elapses, the headlights remain on. Only opening/closing a door turns them off.

It took me 3 total battery-dead situations to figure out what was going on (my mama didn't raise a NASA employee).

I never did go back to my installer to see if there was a 'fix'. In a couple of weeks, I'm adding the latest generation Viper remote start to my new QX56. I'll test the new one and post the results.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”