Views on MB electronics vs Infiniti

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I ended up buying a MB ML320 CDI for my wife...It has pretty much all the same toys as my M35x - except lane depature, and ICC

I find that I'm so pleased that I didnt buy the MB car in place of my M35x - MB software is written so poorly when compared to what infiniti does with thier software;

a few things I noticed, the ML, has 3 memory seat positions-on the M35, I can hit the remote button and the seats adjust to the "driver"the ML320 i have to open the door, stand there holding the memory location button while it adjusts

I can leave the M35 running and lock the doorsthe ML320 i can leave running, but the doors stay open, even physically pushing the door lock, will not lock the doors, this is in fact the case, MB legal team made them write the software this way according to the customer service rep I spoke to

I can pair many phones, and switch phones with the M35MB allows me to pair 4 phones, and only pairs with the last phone connected at power on, no indicators as to what phone is paired, no graphical interface like he M35

the clock on the infiniti is easy to see, use and set;the ML320 has the clock crammed into the speedometer, so only the driver can see it

Navigation screen is hard to read on the ML320, M35 is great!

there is tons of other things, but these were easy to write about...

I'm glad my daily driver is the M35, and not the ML!

tk

Modified by tkeskic at 5:36 PM 11/2/2006

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

and i bet the infiniti stuff wont break!!! MB electronics=scary.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”