View under hood from front seats?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jhrain
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

I don't have a blog or way to post pictures.. so here it goes.

We have a Silver Ice Rogue... from the front seats you can look at the base of the windshield, where the hood and front fenders meet you can see light shining through. Clearly outlining the underside of the front fender.

I mentioned this to no one else, then tonight my best friend said "wtf, this is soooo un Nissan (he's had five Nissan's)..but, did you realize you can see under your hood?".... So, I'm looking for a solution. I don't know if the huge gap is there for air flow and cooling or a simple design miss.

Anyone else notice this? If not, go out and sit in your Rogue, in a normally lit area and see if you notice.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

too dark now will check in the morning you scared me !

jhrain

It was one of those "oh, man, why did I notice that" moments.

Now, every time I sit in the drivers seat I think about how unfinished it is. Hopefully there is a clean and simple fix. I've seen some simple solutions (you know who you are) in this forum.

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

...if this is the worst of a design error that we have, I couldhandle it in my sleep, I consider this very minor if it actuallyis a problem?.....its the possible defective tranny that I have a problem dealing with...

Roguemeister

jhrain wrote:I don't have a blog or way to post pictures.. so here it goes.

We have a Silver Ice Rogue... from the front seats you can look at the base of the windshield, where the hood and front fenders meet you can see light shining through. Clearly outlining the underside of the front fender.

I mentioned this to no one else, then tonight my best friend said "wtf, this is soooo un Nissan (he's had five Nissan's)..but, did you realize you can see under your hood?".... So, I'm looking for a solution. I don't know if the huge gap is there for air flow and cooling or a simple design miss.

Anyone else notice this? If not, go out and sit in your Rogue, in a normally lit area and see if you notice.
Was yours in an accident? I checked mine and no such problem. No gaps, no light.

jhrain

mistergib wrote:...if this is the worst of a design error that we have, I couldhandle it in my sleep, I consider this very minor if it actuallyis a problem?.....its the possible defective tranny that I have a problem dealing with...
Can you expand on the "defective tranny" issue you are dealing with?

I don't think what we have is a defect. I think it is an ommission and I only notice it when it's really bright outside. This is probably 100% me, and not something others have noticed or would see and ignore.

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

jhrain wrote:
Can you expand on the "defective tranny" issue you are dealing with?
Gosh...I hate to ruin your day...evidently you haven't been following thethread on the tranny problems, and its a long one....but, keep in mind,its only happening with the AWD models. Here is the link, all 5 pages of it....

zerothread/335131

Gib

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

I took a look today after reading your post, and I'll be darned...I see what you mean.

I don't think it's a problem, though. It's the same on both sides of the hood, and although I didn't pop the hood to look at the layout, it looks like downflow water channels to me.

No worries.

jhrain

I did
mistergib wrote:
Gosh...I hate to ruin your day...evidently you haven't been following thethread on the tranny problems, and its a long one....but, keep in mind,its only happening with the AWD models. Here is the link, all 5 pages of it....

zerothread/335131

Gib
I did not want to assume you were referring to the large thread. I thought perhaps you were having a unique experience, it wasn't clear (at least to me) in your original statement. Thank you

philipa_240sx

I know exactly what jhrain is talking about. From the drivers seat:

Look at the gap between the fender and hood, where it starts at the corner of the windshield. What you will see at night and on sunny days is light reflecting from this area. IMHO this is not a problem, just a fluke issue with the design.

Return to “Rogue Forum”