Video: JDM Rear Bumper for the USDM Y50. (OEM, not a bodykit)

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
EdBwoy

I recently wanted to replace the rear bumper cover of my 2006 M45. I needed a KH3 black one and couldn't get a cheap one from any sources online. Finding Infiniti M parts locally is like looking for hen's teeth.

Enter this eBay listing with a JDM bumper that claimed it would work for all 06-10 Infiniti Ms. I know there is uncertainty for the US vehicles as to whether the 08-10 bumper will fit on the 06/07 and vise versa, so that claim needs to be checked.

I consulted with Mr. Don since he was the only one I could see around who had installed something remotely close to what I was going for: https://forums.nicoclub.com/fs-y50-vlen ... 79015.html, and we both felt that it would be a reasonable assumption that this OEM part would work.

Well, I got it and installed it. The holes all lined up but the JDM bumper was a little shorter in the back and as a result wouldn't get on with the stock rear crash bar in place. A 12 mm socket, removed 6 nuts and the crash bar was gone. Then everything else mounted just like a stock replacement.

Well, I had to get rid of the aftermarket muffler delete pipes because they were too large for the JDM cutouts. Heck, they were already pretty large for the USDM cutouts. The exhaust cutouts seem like they are made for a single oval tip like the M37 & M56. Again, from what I see online, the pre-facelift Nissan Fuga had 2 single tip tailpipes, and the facelifted ones had 2 double-tip tailpipes. More on that in the next post.
So, anyone have any stock mufflers they are not using?

No opportunities for pictures yet, but here's video:

EdBwoy

I searched for Fuga 350GT pictures online and came up with these:

Here's the pre-facelift model. This is the exact bumper I got, the white contrasts the rear lower bumper well.

This is the facelifted model

This one has the aero kit, and I wonder what's going on under the lower valence.

Same as the first one. mainly posted this one because of the hitch.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

You're gonna need a bigger driveway, Ed...especially if you get a Y34 and a Q70 - you'd have an example of every model line. Plus, a videography intern to hold the camera so you'd have both hands free to demonstrate. :biggrin:

Very informative and useful as always - it's always a little bit of a gamble when you're buying new parts, especially JDM to know if they're going to fit without too much finessing/alterations. We love it when someone else is the guinea pig to see what the final product looks like.

EdBwoy

Thanks Doc. If only I could clone myself so the mechanic me could work while the camera wrangler me works the media... things would be much greater. Or if I lived in a place with a larger/more active M community.
There are so many missed opportunities working on these cars that I'd have loved to share.

Actually, for a while I had a Y34, Y50 and Y51. I sold the Y34 due to space restrictions. I am looking to relocate to someplace more conducive for my lifestyle, even if it means building new; since I outgrew my 2-car-garage on day 1.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”