Video file converters

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

So, in this new part time gig I am working, part of my duties are some computer type stuff like updating the companies web pages with photos and such, as well as making movies using pictures and music.

Made a video with Windows Movie Maker, published the video, then saved it to a USB drive.

The digital photo frame that I was going to use to play the video doesn't support WMV files, and WMM only saves in AVI or WMV.

The photo frame does support MPEG-1 files, so I downloaded AVS Video converter. Thing works, but it's left a big ole watermark right in the middle of my video. It's a free version, though, and I am not paying to register it.

Are there any ACTUALLY FREE file converter programs out there, or am I stuck with watermarks?

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Try MediaCoder. I use a program that is very similar on Linux (that isn't available on Windows). I haven't messed with this particular program, but it looks like it should work fine for you. Should be freeware, but there may be some ads that load on startup. Shouldn't have any watermarks though!

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Thanks, homie!

I'll have a look see.

The AVS program I downloaded does have a water mark, but it seems to disappear after a minute or two. It's not all that bad, either, but I do want to check that other program out.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Another great program that gives you a TON of options is Xmedia Recode - it's probably the best one that I've ever used and I currently use for my HTPC.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”