Video and Audio AUX inputs for non-TECH Ms

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
MadRed
Car: Infiniti M35 Sport

I have been all over different Infiniti forums and cannot find the answer to my inquiry. Is there a way (I am sure there is) to create or add AUX inputs to the M with Navi but without TECH package??? I have to believe that there is a way because of the fact that the Navi unit looks identical to the Navi system in cars with TECH package. I hope somebody here has done enough poking around to know how things are wired, and may give reasons why this is possible or not. I want to be able to have similar AUX inputs as the ones in M with TECH package. If Navi is the same there's got to be a way to insert some sort of splitter that would allow to feed a different Audio/Video signal.

The key here is to understand how the DVD player that comes with TECH package interfaces with the rest of the system. It should not be too complicated since all that DVD player must have is Red, White, Yellow cables for Audio and Video, plus something that tells the radio unit that it's connected. This way when you press the DISK button it would cycle thru DISK/DVD/AUX.

Lets come up with the way to do this. Those of you who have the TECH package, you are our life line. Help us. If anybody has detailed schematics don't be shy and share.

Thanks in advance!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I am pretty sure that I do have the schematics and connectors in the Service Manuals ... but I wish I had the time to search the FSM right now. Work deadlines are tricky to deal with - I already spend too much time here at NICO!

I can suggest that if you are motivated enough, then you can spend the $20 for a one-day subscription to the Nissan Infiniti document site: http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/ and download the service manuals in PDF form.

Do remember to get all the TSB's too! And from a high-speed Internet link, since the files add up to about 60Mbytes in size, as I recall.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”