Vibration while accelerating on highway

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
FlashFyre
Car: 2011 Rogue SL AWD

2011 AWD Rogue. I've started to notice a decent vibration while accelerating on the highway when passing another vehicle or pushing accelerator to maintain speed up a hill. It comes on when the accelerator is pushed a decent portion at highway speeds.

Doesn't appear to be felt in the steering wheel but there is a definite vibration felt so much that is felt in the entire Rogue. I don't feel any other vibration during slow speeds regardless of how much the accelerator is pressed. CVT fluid was changed 20,000 kms and is at adequate level and no burn smell.

Any ideas on what to look at?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

First, use ramps or jackstands and look under for any visual abnormalities.

Try changing the differential and transfer fluid.

My dealership did replace my front control-arms to pass inspection even though it drove like a dream and was buttery smooth on the highway. Supposedly worn. :confused:

Anyways, I did have shudders from hell and mini whiplash acceleration back in the day with road rumble strip sensations too, but that went all away after i started routinely changing all my fluids. Even doing short oci`s on all of them to keep this heavenly smooth ride.

Check the tires, alignment, balance etc.
Worn hub bearings.
Axles.

Hopefully, you can cure this, personally my ocd would kick in, and any vibration would annoy me unless the car is about to die and I wouldn't care anymore by then. :gotme

FlashFyre

Changed the diff fluid 2 years ago when I did the CVT fluid. I'll get the transfer case done within the week.

Checked the CV axles 4 months ago when I replaced the slightly torn boots. They seemed solid.

I'll report back on what I find.

FlashFyre

Replaced the transfer fluid. Helped fix the vibration. Its still there but at maybe 25% of what is used to be. Could likely be something else in addition to the transfer case fluid.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Do a D&F on the CVT fluid and change the diff fluid again.

TheRotorNurse
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360º (registration says KROM)

Since you done replaced some of the CVT fluid. I had the same issue and well, I replaced both CV axles and control arms and that got rid of 90% of it and then the 2 CVT changes ( i used cheap castrol cvt first then after 6000 miles i flushed with amsoil) and now im 99% vibration free on accel. So it might be the Control arms ( or the bushings on them ((easier to replace the arms themselves)) or in all honesty it could be the PAssenger Cv axel its long and akward and gets out of balance. Even could be get your tires rotated and rebalanced. to get rid of the remaining vibration. Or even get your tires checked for even minute cupping or uneven wear.

FlashFyre

Update: Replaced my control arms and the vibration went away. The ball joints were toast.

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I just went through all this on an 09 Altima. The drivetrain only has 48k but the rest of the car has 142k. I’ve replaced every suspension component as well as hoses, belts and brake lines. I now have an 09 that is basically new, or newish. The control arms are an engineering moronic mystery and total pita to change. My cv shafts are the only parts left. I did replace the boots and greased them as preventative maintenance.

Return to “Rogue Forum”