Vibration under braking after rear axle replacement?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
mosquito_R
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatch CVT

My V is now 10000km old, and just received a new rear axle assembly as a result of an alignment problem since new.

According to the dealer, the original alignment problem was caused by the way Nissan tied down the cars during shipping from Mexico and caused the rear wheel alignment to go off spec. Since it couldn't be adjusted, it had to be replaced.

After getting the car back from the dealer, I noticed that some vibration could be felt from the wheels under braking from about 60km/h (say, 40mph) or higher.

Has anybody experienced a similar thing before? Any signs I should look out for or is there anything I can do myself? I know ultimately I'll probably have to take the car back to the dealer, but it's a bit of a pain as it's a long way from where I live.

Thanks.

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

Sounds hard to say since none of us are in your car. It could be (although it may sound weird) that one of your wheels is off balance and is making the car wobble. Take it back to the dealership and tell them whats wrong, make sure that they take a test drive with you!

mosquito_R
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatch CVT

Actually, I suspect it's the rear drums that may be warped slightly. Yes, I'll ask them to come along on a drive with me.

I'm kinda ticked that they didn't take the car for a test drive after replacing the torsion beam assembly... the problem would have made itself apparent, I think.

Anyway, thanks, CodeRed!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”