Vibration-Rotors-Tires-Alignment?

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
OLU40
Car: Infiniti's Martial Arts, Science, Reading, Sports, Computers, Electronics WOMEN!

I just changed my front rotors and brakes (stock) I'm changing to 225-60-15 on today (until I go 17/18). For some strange reason I have a vibration at 50- or better. No vibration when I brake or I would consider a defect in the rotors. I can only think of two things: My mechanic didn't properly align my rotors causin a vibration at higher speeds (improbable?) or I need an alignment (didn't fell this before the work was done and my front end is not that off). I had a bubble in my rear tire and a front tire with a slow leak that a tire shop gave me a replacement (until Yoko's get here) for (205 vs. 215). But being the Q is rear wheel drive people are telling me the front shouldn't vibrate because of that. Maybe the loaner not being balance caused the vibration at highway speed? Educate a brother please!:thinker

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

I would be very careful about drving that set-up at any speed!

OLU40
Car: Infiniti's Martial Arts, Science, Reading, Sports, Computers, Electronics WOMEN!

Thanks bro. I have been trust me. The idiot I ordered the tires from just ordered them (Yokohama's 225-60-15 AVS dB) today instead of Friday. I was pissed:firehead. I also have a spare on the back. I barely go above 50-55. Would that be the cause of the vibration or incorrect rotor installment (rare)?

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

With that configuration, you probably should just be happy to be rolling. Just not too fast on those famous NYC billiard table smooth streets.

Do really like the dB in your size on my car. Big improvement over the Michelins, especially in the wet. I tend to be sedate and not throw it around like a Miata.

OLU40

Maynix, I just got the Yoko's (tire shop screwd up and ordered 215-65 instead of 225-60-still great). Smoooooooth ride, good handling tire. Haven't tried wet grip yet but the old site had rave reviews. Made my Dunlops feel like I was riding on a Flinstone wheel. Any other as good as the Yoko? Doesn't feel like it:dogpile

OLU40

Oh yeah, vibration gone, however I think they need to recheck the alignmet they did. I swear I feel an intermittent low vibration from the rear. Any experiences with that?

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”