VH45DE, supercharger, Dixon adaptor plate, transmission, etc for sale

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
slownslurious

You can move this to the general for sale forum if you find it inappropriate here but I thought most of the people that are interested in this would probably be browsing here.

I hate to sell this but I am moving in two weeks and I would also hate to move it, and I need money for the move, so this is a "tester" but I will sell if anyone is interested (and will consider parting out if you offer me the right amount).

VH45DE 4.5 liter dohc v8 from 1990 Infiniti Q45- this is the motor that will out torque any 4 cyl. There have been several guys to swap this on nico. Its a powerhouse. This motor has low compression and needs refreshed, I was gonna rebuild with low compression Ross forged pistons for forced induction. Missing the AC compressor and PS pump. I paid $400.

300ZX twin turbo 5 speed transmission with shifter assembly and driveshaft yoke, low mileage (30,000 according to importer) shifts fine, even includes stock shift knob. I paid $500

OS Giken triple disc clutch and flywheel setup, will handle over 500 ft lbs of torque, lightly used hardly any wear, awesome setup. I paid $800

Dixon CNC machined aircraft grade aluminum adaptor plate to mate 5 sp transmission to Q45 v8. This uses the 300zx starter and transmission and includes an adaptor to use the 300zx flywheel on the Q45 crank. Its the **** and was extremely expensive. I paid over $1000

My price adds up to $2700 dollars but I would take $2000 for everything... and thats almost all you'd need to swap to S13. The driveshaft yoke is there to get a driveshaft made (relatively easy) the transmission has everything you'll need, the engine clears the S13 framerails you just need to make some simple motor mount adaptors and notch the framerail if you use the factory alternator. What its missing: motor mount adaptors, custom driveshaft, harness/ecu (was going to use standalone or you can use factory Q45 stuff), headers (need to cut a couple inches out of the stock ones and reweld), and you may need to modify either the shifter hole or the shifter linkage (one or the other). If you go with junkyard parts and can handle the minor fabrication necessary to get it in you could get this running for less than $500 and out run just about any 4 cyl.

Also available:Eaton M112 supercharger from cadillac XLR-V including water to air intercooler ($800)front mount water to air heat exhanger for intercooler ($250)electric water pump for water to air intercooler ($100)1.5 gallon aluminum resevoir for water to air system (has big lid you can pack with ice). ($120)$1000 would take everything, a simple CNC adaptor will bolt the supercharger assembly onto the top of the Q45, replacing the ugly factory intake manifold, and the pulley more or less lines up with the crank pulley so you will probably need to swap to either the 6 rib ford pulleys or just have a custom pulley machined (I was going to get the pulley machined to accept a 36-1 crank trigger wheel for the standalone).

anyway I didin't know if anyone on here would be interested so I put this up, I will part out if the money is right.Andrew,[email protected] in houston TX

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Sorry you have to sell it off...

WE can leave this in here....

slownslurious

yeah like I said I will part it out I posted up what I paid for stuff and ideally Id like to get that much back out of the individual components, but selling even one or two things would really help me out from a monetary standpoint right now...

SuperHatch
Car: 96 TLC

Is this the same blower used in Wes's kit? If it is, what else would I need to buy to complete it?

slownslurious

No I think he used an M90 and no intercooler, I'm not too familiar with his setup.This one has the intake manifold cast onto the housing so you would need to machine 2 adaptors (one for each cyl bank) to adapt the outlet of the intake manifold to the heads (it lines up close, but not exactly). This would also solidly mount the blower to the heads.

You would also probably need to have a new crank pulley machined to line up to the blower pulley, or like I said you could try swapping over to a 6 rib ford pulley but you would probably have to space it in or out a little bit.

The intake manifold for the supercharger has spacers for the injectors in it already so you would need a fuel rail that matches up to the same space (the extrusion to make your own is cheap though, about $10/foot) and then you would need an ECU tune to manage the boost. There are a wide variety of aftermarket pullies for the blower if you want to change the boost level. This is the same supercharger used on the 03 cobras and will support around 500 whp. Its pretty sweet.

Oh and it has an electronic throttle right now, so you'll either need to adapt the throttle plate to work with a cable (simple) or put in a spacer plate to use the stock Q45 throttle body (also simple).

It sounds like a lot of work and it is, but none of it is that hard.

SuperHatch

Doyou have any pictures of the setup, and do you have any pictures of how close the spacing is between the ports on this superchargers manifold and the ports on the head? I have a full machine shop at my disposal and making adaptors would not be a problem, I just want to know how close it is...

slownslurious

let me know your email I will try to get some pics, my laptop just died recently so its really hard for me to get pics of stuff up... [email protected]

SuperHatch

SaintlyCharBoy
Car: 92 vert, KA died - awaiting VH41 + 5 speed MA5

this was something i was thinking about as well, could you please also send the pics to:[email protected]

slownslurious

Here are some pics of the supercharging/intercooling equipment that I took tonight. The engine is still in my friends garage across town so I haven't got the ones of the blower next to the intake, it may take me a day or two.Andrew

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”