VH45 vs RB25 coilpacks

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
darinz
Car: Nissan Patrol

OK so Series 1 RB25 coil packs are the same Series 2 VH45 coilpacks (cylinder 7 and 8), from what I can find. Some places list the same part number some don't.
What I want to know is has anyone actually tried them?

The reason I ask is I have bought a complete set and I'm going to make them work. RB stuff is so common in NZ that its cheap, like really cheap. Best trade price for a VH coilpack was about $150 each yet can get aftermarket RB ones for $48. I have to change the wiring to make them fit so just wondering if it was a plug and play for 7 and 8 as that'll make wiring much easier.

I know with the Series 2 RB coilpacks thay have the same pluf as Series 1 VH but the terminals are different. That was my first option but can get new series 2 VH plugs so seemed like a better way to go.

Rob Baker
Car: 1974 mk 1 capri vh45 conversion

hello my name is rob baker ive recently purchased a mk1 capri with 3 vh45 engines in bits im trying to find some contacts to discuss what to do with these engines .Obviously ive trolled through these forums and come up with your name and mettler.Im totally new to internet forums so i would prefer to speak on the phone as my typing is slow and usless.I live in masterton nz my number is 063708328 or 0212397010 you can just text me and i can call you back. Im just finishing off building a 67 mustang project ,so at the moment im collect parts and info for the capri.I would really appreciate any assistance.
Thankyou rob

darinz
Car: Nissan Patrol

Well I use to have a mk1 so would love to see this done!

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”