VH45

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
VH45Custodian
Car: Inifiniti Q45

Hello. I am new to this forum, but I am reaching out because I need some technical help. I have a VH45 engine with no context. I would like to know how to identify the year of manufacture. The back story is that it came from a dealer in Colorado who swapped it out for a customer under warranty. Apparently, it was a very low mileage car and the customer complained about oil leaks. It was easier for the dealer to swap the engine rather than fix the leaks. Though once the engine was out they apparently went to town with RTV. I thought it was a great engine, and being in sportscar racing, I figured I would find a good use for it. Long story short, I have been dragging this thing around for years. Now I want to do something with it, but I'm not entirely sure what I have.
Thanks!

VH45Custodian

VH45Custodian wrote:Hello. I am new to this forum, but I am reaching out because I need some technical help. I have a VH45 engine with no context. I would like to know how to identify the year of manufacture. The back story is that it came from a dealer in Colorado who swapped it out for a customer under warranty. Apparently, it was a very low mileage car and the customer complained about oil leaks. It was easier for the dealer to swap the engine rather than fix the leaks. Though once the engine was out they apparently went to town with RTV. I thought it was a great engine, and being in sportscar racing, I figured I would find a good use for it. Long story short, I have been dragging this thing around for years. Now I want to do something with it, but I'm not entirely sure what I have.
Thanks!

VH45Custodian

I would post a link to some pictures, but apparently that isn't allowed.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”