Vh41 into r32 gtst

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
Brownie586
Car: R32 gtst type m

Hi

I've spent the morning searching the forum for info on this but haven't found a guide or anything. Does anyone name a kit for this? I can only use a vh41 not vh45 due to local laws and I'd like to retain everything like ac, power steer and abs. Also wanting to make it manual.

Found plenty of posts from people who have done it but no write up on exactly how it was done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nemesisr32
Car: R32 sedan

Sounds like you live in Australia? Pretty sure there arnt any kits for r32 I've searched high n low. What are you stuck on

Brownie586
Car: R32 gtst type m

Everything haha. I've never done an engine swap before and i'm just not sure whether this one is a good idea for my first or if I'm better off sticking with a bigger rb

Nemesisr32
Car: R32 sedan

Was gonna write a big long story of what you would need to do but don't have the time. I'm in the process of doing same conversion an sold my rb30det to do it.
First of all putting another rb in is infinately easier.
Anyway I've gone with a z32 box, r33 manual driveshaft yoke onto auto driveshaft an factory loom an computer, no a/c, hopefully vh p/s pump I've been told it should clear everything but haven't checked yet . Collins adapters do adjustable trans mounts I'm 99% sure they'll fit the r32, I'm wanting to go with a machine on trans adapter so I can use the z32 flywheel an starter.
If your not confident in doin it yourself it will be stupid expensive.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”