VH->Z32 throwout bearing spacing with Mazworx plate

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
z1 zonly
Car: 2x Z32, beater pickup, RD350

I'm nearing completion of my VH45 Z32 swap (using a Mazworx adapter plate with machined bellhousing) and just noticed that the Mazworx writeup calls for a 1/4" spacer between the throwout bearing and clutch fork sleeve (see p14).

My friend that did the swap in his Z32 found that his flywheel needed to be spaced slightly to allow for the starter to engage:

He fixed the problem by using the stock Q45 flexplate spacer between the crank and flywheel. But he still spaced the throwout bearing and made a custom pushrod for his slave cylinder.

I'm not either of those things being necessary--it looks like the stock TOB spacing should be VERY close and no spacing/adjustment necessary. Was my friend's work redundant?

z1 zonly

Need to know if anyone has any insight for me. I'm hours away from mating the engine and trans for, hopefully, the final time.

Werbs

I am having this same concern. Which adapter plate did he use? If it was the mazworx adapter, he still had to use the oem spacer AND the supplied 1/4" spacer?!?! I dont check here much, if you could email me at Bwerbs at gmail :)

z1 zonly

I've since finished my swap, everything's fine. Just used the stock Q45 flexplate spacer behind the flywheel, nothing else. Starter engages fine, no pushrod modification. All is well!

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”