VG33E Engine Mods?

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
slow3.3
Car: 97 Path, JWT Stg 1 Cams, Flowmaster exhaust, Stillen Intake, Ported & Polished Heads, Nismo Thermost

I own a 97 path, i already have a short ram intake and a flowmaster exhaust. I was wondering if anyone has tried the computer upgrade or the cams from 4x4parts.com. I'm either going to do a suspension lift or the computer, i'll leave the cams for later, if anyone has experience with these mods or know of any more mods please let me know. Thanks!

Syntax360
Car: 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

cams will probably rase your power band - something you might not want one a car I assume u primarily use for offroading, etc. if you do cams, i'd probably adjust your timing accordinging to flatten the powerband back out.

Stormy
Car: What do you think?

If you intend on doing the computer upgrade, do it last so they only reprogram it once. Basiclly, you do the ECU last. You tell them what mods you have done to the engine and they program it to the mods you've done (ie, cams, intake exhaust, etc).

slow3.3
Car: 97 Path, JWT Stg 1 Cams, Flowmaster exhaust, Stillen Intake, Ported & Polished Heads, Nismo Thermost

I guess it's time to start saving up some money so i can get all that stuff done, i at least hope i don't have to spray to get into the 15's, 15.3 i wish!

slow3.3

On the 4x4parts web site it says that it is strongly recommended to replace the rocker and lifters, does anyone know where i can get some of these aside from the dealership

Stormy

replace lifters if the engine has over 50K miles on it...

Stormy

http://www.nissanparts.cc

Get the PN from the dealer and type it in the PN search box. Much cheaper than the dealer...

RajWD

port/polish heads, intake mani (upper & lower), headers...cams, quicker ratio rockers, 3 or 5 angle valve jobOR.....do a little math and hook yourself up with forced induction.BUT that's usually only good for the upper rev range.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”