VG30E vs VG30ET

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
REAPER_ZX
Car: 1985 NISSAN 300ZX "FAIRLADY Z"

I would like to know other then the compression ratiowhat is the difference between the blocks.

Because im swaping a VG30E from a pathfinder into my 300zx but the pathy oil pan and other things dont fit and i can get a VG30ET for parts and i want to know if the parts will fit or not cause my oil pan from my 300zx has 4 holes in it 1 of witch is about 3 inches wide (connecting rod passed through there ha ha) and alsoit would give me some extra parts to get moded.

basicaly i need an oil pan and oil stranner for the pathfinderVG and i cant get them anywhere not even NISSAN has them !(but i found a VG30ET that has a good pan and stranner)WOULD THEY FIT ?

THANK YOU !!!

p.s it might sound like a stupid question but i prefer askingthe stupid questions first then to look like an idiot for notgetting the right parts and being stuck with them !

mtcookson
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX
1992 Iinfiniti Q45
and much much more

The parts from the VG30ET will definitely swap to the VG30E however the problem you'll encounter is that the VG30ET has an oil pan with a drain nipple on the side for the turbo. If you're keeping it NA you would need to plug that. Other than that you'll be fine swapping the parts.

REAPER_ZX
Car: 1985 NISSAN 300ZX "FAIRLADY Z"

THANKS A LOT mtcookson !!!

TylreBryant
Car: 90 maxima

Ok look i am having a prob.... i never owned a nissan but i got it for free i got a 90 maxima se. I cant stand the stock engine not enough power.. its the VG30 SOHC. what swap would be good to get more power, i would like to build the fastest third gen maxima... if you could help that would be great...

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”