vg30e question

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
gh0st
Car: girls, soccer, racing, paintball

hey...i posted this in the 240 section but they didnt really know, so im going to ask you guys. i have a friend that is going to give me his vg30e and tranny (plus some *extras*) for free. all i have to do is pick the car up. now....i was wondering if this would fit into my 89 240, sohc, auto trans w/out too much trouble. and is this vgE a decent engine?(can it be made fast kinda cheap?)- all my goal is, is to beat mustangs and camaros around my town. thanks

pylon_boy
Car: Autocrossing

if it's an n/a engine you will need major work to get it fast. If it's a turbo then you won't need much work. mattback has done the swap numerous times and might even be selling engine mounts.

gh0st
Car: girls, soccer, racing, paintball

well...its the sohc, n/a engine. would it really be that hard to get any speed out of? even if i slapped a turbo on there?

miteymax86
Car: Cars,(dur!) Fishing, um....

Turbo an NA=engine build, a little bit more work than the cheap&easy you're looking for probablyVG30ET=nice swap prospect

ucfz31s13
Car: Business/Networking/Web

Yes, if you are going to swap, go w/ the turbo motor. The N/A motor is pointless to mod. With less money, and less work, you can net MUCH more power from the vg30et than you will from the vg30e. Save yourself some money in the long run and use the turbo motor if any..

lataz

z

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”