VG30DETT Sensors Pinout & Voltage Ref

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
griffithcontrols

I've got a customer who has a VG30DETT which I will be wiring up to a PerfectPower XMS ecu and I was curious if anyone knows what the stock TPS voltage reference is as well as what the pinout (Power, Ground, Signal) is and what that pinout is in physical relation to on the TPS (not sure if the factory tps has a mark for pin1 or labeled pin orientation).

I am also curious about the Inlet Air Temp & Coolant Temp sensors, what their pinouts are and if anyone knows the resistance to temperature table on these looks like, and whether they're negative temperature coefficient or positive temperature coefficient (although I could figure that out fairly easily). Are these 5V reference?

Heck, while I'm here I'll ask what the pinout on the VG30DETT CAS is as well, but I have a few more things to research prior to knowing how well the XMS is going to react to the square wave signal out of that without a voltage divider or something else. I believe these are .25V reference instead of 5V...I'm guessing there is a shared ground, shared power and then two separate signal outputs (Cam pulse and 180 count crank pulse). I do need to get a different wheel for this, and I'm trying at triggerwheels.com as well as through autronic, but if anyone here knows of another manufacturer for replacement wheels (fixed count - no missing window crank and single window cam), I would also appreciate that information.

I know I'm asking a lot and I truly appreciate your help on this, it's my first job for a real customer and I'm fairly unfamiliar with the Nissan sensory systems as a whole.

Thanks for your time,

Jason

griffithcontrols

griffithcontrols wrote:I do need to get a different wheel for this, and I'm trying at triggerwheels.com as well as through autronic, but if anyone here knows of another manufacturer for replacement wheels (fixed count - no missing window crank and single window cam), I would also appreciate that information.
Found one more solution from triggerdisc.com - fits the 'green top' CAS, not sure what this car has though, but I'll be going by to check it out at the customer's shop tomorrow. Here's a link: http://triggerdisc.com/ It's located in products/24 tooth CAS. The replacement is 24 windows and a single cam pulse. This is identical to the AEM unit that AEM will only sell with their PnP ECU ( ).

Jason
Modified by griffithcontrols at 6:44 PM 5/24/2009

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

read posts by John Dixon... he's done a lot with this, and IM sure he will have the answer for you.

HowlerMonkey
Car: 1991 Infiniti M30 wi/ L28ET

If you know anybody who's shop has an alldata or mitchell subscription, most every car has a "pin voltage chart".

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”