VG30DETT into 1989 240SX

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Poor_S13_Driver
Car: S13

180sxFaktory... would there be any chance of posting the Instalation instructions you wrote up on your site, or a file i can download? Id like to read about it so when i order i have it memorized like the palm of my hand

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

The installation is just like an RB or SR. The mounts are self explanatory..... Wiring is just like everything else.....

Let me KNOW ASAP I got a place to do my swap. I just need the kit and engine now........I have about 1 month before I loose the shop to do it......

kouki munster
Car: 97 base 240

Any video of the vg240 in action yet?

Florida240sx
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

What is the ETA??? My vert has me at gunpoint wanting more power......

180sxfaktory
Car: 1989 RS13 180SX 1991 RMS13 240SX 1992 RS13 200SX

Beatupsx wrote:Any video of the vg240 in action yet?
We are working on two videos. One for a full length explaining the car and the swap, and one mini showing the car going through the course Last nite, the car really performed well and wowed the crowd. We finally worked out the bugs, which had nothing to do with the swap kit. Salah went through a set of brand new Federals like they were nothing. Totally shredded them, attesting to the power this swap creates. Saturday, I'll take a mini-video shoot of VG240 to get on here by Sunday. I've been stuck in the garage these past few nites getting Black Sunshine put together after suffering oil loss (stupid oil filter came lose; thought I had blown rings causing overpressurization issues).

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Poor_S13_Driver

Awesome.. its what we all have been waiting for

Florida240sx
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

Kit is available???

julio
Car: RB26 AWD converted S14

Why are you selling the kit without a wiring harness and a driveshaft?

Getting a driveshaft made isn't that bad, but what about the wiring harness?

When I made my wiring harness for my VG30DE swap, it took quite a bit of reading to make sure I knew what I was doing. I don't think everyone who buys the kit would up to the task of doing this as well. Besides, wiring up a VG into an s13 harness is much more difficult than say an SR20DET swap, or an RB20DET swap. (please let me know if I missed something here). Do you plan on selling them seperate or something?

I think it would also be helpful to mention that the stock tach won't work with the VG swap.

The cross-member and everything else looks good too. Good reinforcement. I only notched mine a little cause my motor sits a little more forward than yours does.

Good to see someone making this kit possible for others as well. I liked mine being pretty original, but what can you do. Its a pretty sweet motor.

Poor_S13_Driver

In numerous posts above he says he does not have access to a driveshaft shop.(or a high speed balancer or something) Thats why he orders HIS own from NC stateside. Would you rather have him not sell a kit? Im sorry for coming off as an A$$ but he is doing wonderful things for us, and i am very passionate about this swap.

180sxfaktory

Thanks for your comments, julio.

It's extensive, but please read in the thread where I mention I will provide the info to make the stock gauges work as part of the installation instructions. If I were to include everything in this kit to make everything work the way it is supposed to, I would be charging way more than I am. Just the mere fact that we are the first to actually put the VG30DETT uncut, uncancelled, unmolested and have it work the way it is supposed to from the factory as if it were an option for the S13 says a whole lot. I'm not trying to be an a$$, but it was no cakewalk. Anyway, as things develop along, I may do things like include custom wiring and other attachments to make the kit even more plug-n-play but I haven't even got to that point yet.

180sxfaktory

The kit is available, but I said I wouldn't release it until the end of Ramadan, which is towards the end of this month. Sorry about that. I know you want this kit, but it wouldn't be fair to others who are waiting for that time. I'll be taking the orders on the 15th to get these kits released the day Ramadan ends, which is on the 22nd.

kouki munster

bettonracing

Another tach option:http://www.engineswaptech.com/....aspx

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton

Poor_S13_Driver

Those are some cool little gadgets. As most of you know im pretty passionate about this idea/swap, by just reading my posts, but its also got that wheel in my head spinning. Ive been thinking about just making a custom gauge cluster with all new guages (yea i know wouldnt be the cheapest thing ever), im no fabricator at all but it seems like all you need is a template of the whole 240 cluster and just trace it on a piece of thin piece of aluminium, and arrange the guages how you want, that way you can have all your guages tucked right there annd nothing hanging off the pillar or in the vents. And just buy a new tach, Speedo and whatever goodies you want, in the sizes you want, and if you really wanted to be fancy you could get the Digital guages, and powdercoat the aluminium black or something and no one would even know you had any guages with the car off sorry for this long pointless thread but the VG240 needs something a little fancy in my opinion

julio

Poor_S13_Driver wrote:In numerous posts above he says he does not have access to a driveshaft shop.(or a high speed balancer or something) Thats why he orders HIS own from NC stateside. Would you rather have him not sell a kit? Im sorry for coming off as an A$$ but he is doing wonderful things for us, and i am very passionate about this swap.
I did not have time to read the entire thread, thats why I had asked him to correct me. If you had read my post, I had praised him for making this swap possible for others as well, so don't go jumping down my throat.

And PLEASE don't forget that I have done this swap completely by myself as well. Thats how passionate I AM about this swap.

julio

180sxfaktory wrote:Thanks for your comments, julio.

It's extensive, but please read in the thread where I mention I will provide the info to make the stock gauges work as part of the installation instructions. If I were to include everything in this kit to make everything work the way it is supposed to, I would be charging way more than I am. Just the mere fact that we are the first to actually put the VG30DETT uncut, uncancelled, unmolested and have it work the way it is supposed to from the factory as if it were an option for the S13 says a whole lot. I'm not trying to be an a$$, but it was no cakewalk. Anyway, as things develop along, I may do things like include custom wiring and other attachments to make the kit even more plug-n-play but I haven't even got to that point yet.
Trust me, I know its no cake-walk. I've been there myself. I finished my swap a little over a year ago. I was just asking those questions because I know of all the problems associated with the swap having done it myself. I did not have time to read the tread as stated above, and so I asked you to correct me. Enough of me being defensive.

I wanted to ask you if you needed someone to make some plug and play harnesses available for the kits. I was thinking of making some before I stumbled upon this thread, and thought it would be appropriate for me to offer. Of course I would have to use some used z32 harnesses, due to the $400 price tag of new ones. Just thought I would throw it out there.

kouki munster

bettonracing wrote:Another tach option:http://www.engineswaptech.com/....aspx

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton
I konw that will work for the s14 cluster, alot of guys with an rb in a 14 do it, but I don't think it will work with the s13 cluster as it doesn't have the adjustability of the s14 cluster.

Another option that should correct the tach issue (but does cost more):

http://www.lsauto.com/products.asp

s13swaaangin
Car: 93 240sx hatch

How much are you saying this kit is gonna go for? I dont have time to look back 6 pages.....

Poor_S13_Driver

check out http://www.180sxfaktory.com Everything you need to know

Florida240sx
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

How long is shipping going to take???I got a guy looking for a front clip for me, But don't want to have him get one until the kit is in my hands....As soon as the kit and engine arrive there will be NO SLEEP........

Florida240sx
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

I'm getting a front clip...no tach problems here

kouki munster

Is the video ready yet?

Poor_S13_Driver

I cant wait until you get it started Florida. What are your intentions for the car once swapped? Just a all around street monster

fayceoff

As mentioned too many times already, I'm on my way to Bahrain. Will I get any grief over there if I cap off my EGR tube?

I'm in the middle of exchanging one SOHC for another (blown HG), and the buddy who was helping me pull the motor cut the tube. If I can get away with it, I won't bother replacing it.

da40
Car: 1995 SE 240sx

D2180SX wrote:Hi! I just wanted to show you that the VG30DETT can be put into the S13 chassis without sacrificing or canceling factory essentials or options. This is one of my cars. Yes, it runs, and it's a torque machine. We kept everything down to the a/c (haven't hooked it up yet nor did we hook up the heater hoses; using blockers for now) and the twin turbo factory configuration. Yes, it needs a bath, but dust is one thing we deal with here in the Kingdom of Bahrain. I don't know of anybody else who has been able to do this swap without cancelling or relocating things. Of course, we had to make new mounts, customized the subframe and swapped over to a J30 oil pan. The tranny was not jury rigged either. We made a custom bracket to allow full use with no cutting into the car's sheet metal. We did not use a front mount. Instead, we retained the twin SMICs. Enjoy!
this is awsome u are the man!!!!!!!

oneslow240se
Car: 91 240se

any more updates... i definitely like the idea of the vg30dett since its sold in the states ... emailed you with questions...

speedking87
Car: 93 240sx hatchback, but it's auto

ok this is for everyone, i'm 19 an live in ny, i jus got a 93 auto 240 hatchbacki'm a s13 and z32 fan, but wen i saw the vg30 in da 240 i fell in love i found this 240 up da block from me and got it for 800 i was woundering if i can use the parts a 300zx front clip in order to do a auto to manual swap? or will i have to get parts that were made for the 180. thanksprops 2 180sxfaktory i love this swap
Modified by speedking87 at 8:55 PM 10/9/2006

Poor_S13_Driver

Seriously proofread your replys before you submit them. Since you will be installing the Z transmission anyway, it dosent matter what you have in the car now, as everything will be used from the clip. Please correct me if I am wrong.

speedking87
Car: 93 240sx hatchback, but it's auto

Poor_S13_Driver wrote:Seriously proofread your replys before you submit them. Since you will be installing the Z transmission anyway, it dosent matter what you have in the car now, as everything will be used from the clip. Please correct me if I am wrong.
i wasn't sure an this was the only place 2 ask question, since i can't find any other forums dat have this catagory, but i jusy wanted to make sure cause i was about to but parts for a auto to manual swap, but, i'm good now, thanks

julio

Would you be able to provide us with some pictures of the driver's side part of the engine bay near the steering shaft? This is debateably the most difficult part of the swap, seeing as there are major clearence issues in this area. I would be very interested to see how much clearence there is on your swap (I had to custom make a driver's side manifold on my car to make it fit).

Also, did you have to cut the shift linkage on the tranny to make the shifter stay in the stock location? Pics of that would be great too. Thanks.

Poor_S13_Driver---So you plan on using the stock z32 tach from the front clip, or perhaps the whole cluster?
Modified by julio at 12:49 PM 10/10/2006

Return to “Hybrids”