vg30dett front clip

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
JohnGrisi

I've been searching for about a week now, and I found a lot of answers to my questions, but some aren't exactly clear. I found if I want to swap a tt motor into a N/A 300zx, the best best is buy a front clip. Where most people say do that and its straight forward, some other people say there is a lot more to it. From what I understand, the japanese version front clip wiring will not work with the US version because of the driver side being on the right. Not sure if that is true, so please clear that up. And if it is true, is there a way to make it work? Next, I heard the mounts are different when you swap the engines. Are we talking about motor mounts here, or simpler things? Next I found that the N/A trans wont mount up directly to the TT motor, and the starter wont mount perfectly either. Last, if I didnt buy a front clip, and only the engine, trans, ecu, turbos, wiring harness, yada yada yada, what do I mostly have to worry about matching up? I know the AC lines and radiator for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

John

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”