vg30de help

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
rayfmx4278
Car: Nissan 300zx n/a

I have a 1990 300zx n/a with the vg30de recently it has started giving me problems it will start fine run fine I drove it to the gas station and when I went to leave it started up hen cut right off I went to try and start it again a few seconds after it cut off and the starter had trouble rotating the engine I then sat there and called my brother just in case it didn't start then after I got off the phone I tried to start it again it started right up drove home as I was slowing down to make a right into my neighborhood it cut off right when I kicked in the clutch then I pulled over tried to start it and the starter wasn't even able to engage as if my battery was dead I then let it sit there again tried starting it a few times and the third try work I drove it home and shut it off a few hours later I tried to start it again it started up no problem it is now in my garage but I have checked out the obvious and it seems fine sorry for all the information im just implementing that to establish a time line but now I don't know what it could be I've never had much luck with forums but maybe that could change

Joelz300

Hey, I just bought the same car and actually am experiencing the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what was wrong? Maybe you could shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

rayfmx4278
Car: Nissan 300zx n/a

Joelz300 wrote:Hey, I just bought the same car and actually am experiencing the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what was wrong? Maybe you could shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

well it just blew up lol blew a rod but im ripping the engine out now I found that the timing skipped a tooth and the egr was all clogged up :tisk:

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”