Very Dim Vehicle Information Display/Odometer

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
tundrayetti
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX80

Recently purchased a 2017 QX80 with low mileage. Very happy with it so far, but having a slight issue with the instrument panel that I'm hoping you might be able to help with.

The Vehicle Information Display/Odometer has all of a sudden gone very dim. I can see the information displayed if the lighting and angle are just right, so I know it's working...just very dim. Additionally, the readings nearby on the RPM gauge are also very dim and the readings nearby on the Speedometer are flashing intermittently from bright to very dim. Picture below better describes.

I had a similar issue on an old Tahoe once. It was due to a burnt out component on the circuit board. Purchased a replacement for $5 and had a cell phone repair place solder it on for me. Hoping this might be a similar type repair.

Thanks in advance.
Capture.JPG

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Assume you have played with the brightness settings on the side of the cluster. Wonder if that switch could be bad? Otherwise may be that center panel going bad.

tundrayetti
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX80

Thanks. Yeah, I've adjusted the brightness settings. Doubtful that switch is the issue since not all of the display lights are affected just the ones I noted on the picture.
biggie wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:03 am
Assume you have played with the brightness settings on the side of the cluster. Wonder if that switch could be bad? Otherwise may be that center panel going bad.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”