vert weird problem

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
boricua_s13

Alright so I have been working on my vert for ever and noticed today something weird. Did my 5 speed swap and vent to try see my top works, but when I press the top down button my quarter windows both come down at same time (0.o ok) So i press top up and both quarter windows keep coming down same way. The switch in the center console that controls the 1/4 windows its brand new and works down/up. Anyone have an idea why this is happening? I apologize if thread is posted in section.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

The windows always go down when you use the top up/down switch. It's to prevent them from being slammed by the top as it goes up. Also, you should never have your door windows all the way up either. If I have mine up, I always partially lower them before putting the top up.

boricua_s13

Thanks for the useful info. That is normal to come down to prevent damaging the windows got it. So my top still dont work only manually. Im guess there suppose to be fluid in the motor pump becuase mine doesnt have any?

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Yeah. Get some automatic trans fluid and fill up the reservoir.

And just to ask the dumb question now, you did wire the top so it works, right?

boricua_s13

Alright will try that and see what happens. Yes I did the the wire thing for top at the inhibitor switch. Thanks

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”