Versa stalls

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
JK_SEPA
Car: 2014 Versa Sedan SV

I posted in the general forum when I should posted here. Sorry about that!

Hello all. This is my first post here. I'm very happy to have found this forum and I'm looking forward to meeting some other Nissan owners/fans. I'm JK and live in Southeastern PA near Philly. I have a 2014 Versa SV sedan about 74k miles on the clock. I bought it used from Hertz about 3 years ago with 55k miles. It's been a good car. Always reliable. Two years ago I drove it to Florida and back (2700 miles) with absolutely no problems what so ever. Recently after driving a couple of errands back to back on a Saturday I started having problems with idling and coasting. It would run rough and it would stall after I put it in neutral to rev it up and then put it in gear. I was able to make it home while 2 footing it it keep the revs high enough that it wouldn't stall at intersections. Took it to my mechanic that Monday. Told me there was a misfire code (check engine light was on). He said that it could be caused by an oil problem. He changed the oil, filter and the air filter. The oil had maybe 2000 miles on it since the last change. I use synthetic oil and a Royal purple oil filter. I change my own oil and filters all of the time. I don't drive this car a lot and the car ran fine for the first week after being in the shop. I noticed a little hiccup after driving the car hard ( I was late) the following Saturday. I returned home 4 hours later at a leisurely pace and I had no hiccup this time. Drove another week or so (local driving) no issues. Drove 30 minutes and went into a store for 10 minutes and the car started stalling when I put it in gear. It would always start but wouldn't stay running if I tried to drive. The same thing happened this weekend and I just took a nap for 90 minutes and let the car cool down and I was able to drive 30 minutes home. So it seems to be related to the engine being hot, trying to drive after it's been off for 10 minutes or so. The second time I got stranded I just left it overnight and it ran fine the next morning. Seems to be fine after it has cooled down. That 2nd time I took it to the mechanic and he said it was a P011 code. He changed the camshaft position sensor. Again it seemed fine until yesterday. Same problem with stalling out after putting it in gear after the car being off for 10 minutes. Sorry to be so long winded but wanted to give as thorough of a description that I could. Maybe this has been covered before but I haven't checked. Thanks for taking the time to read my ramble :-)

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Ignition tuneup.............plugs and coil check for damage to coil connections. Then look for vacuum leak. You are mileage wise where the plugs can commonly show issues. TB and/or PCV may need a cleaning.

P codes for those have 4 digits not 3 so code given there is incorrect. PXXXX.

JK_SEPA
Car: 2014 Versa Sedan SV

Thanks for the reply amc49. Those suggestions all make sense. I'll check the things that you have suggested and see if any of those help. Code was P0011 My bad

2016 Versa
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa SV

Here's video that might be helpful.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”