Versa SL Observations

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
DocPlez
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, White 6 spd w/ conv package, 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2004 Superformance "Shel

Having owned my Versa for a little while now I went back and reread some old threads to see how my car is stacking up to the rest of you forum members .... I own a 2007 Versa SL with the convenience package. I didn't need it but it was on the car in the lot. Hell, I thought BlueTooth ranked #2 behind gingivitis and was something you had to go see a dentist about!! Sounds like an option for the Versa in West Virginia .... (now I know all WV owners won't let that slide).

When I started looking for a new car (like I need another car) I was looking mainly for economy, interior room, comfort, AC and cruise control so I wasn't set on any one brand. I did a bit of research and looked at Honda' Fit, Toyota' Yaris, Ford Focus, Dodge something, Hyandai this and Kia that. I even had one dealer show me the ugliest ?$)*&@# car that basically looked like a rolling shoebox called a Scion XB. He said "we should go for a test drive"; my reply was "no .. anyone who see's two men driving in something that looks like that are going to know at least one of us is gay (and I didn't mean happy) and I DO NOT want anyone to think it's me". Overall I'm still quite happy with the purchase and love driving the Versa.

Fortunately I think I got lucky compared at least a few forum members and got a car that must have been built late Monday afternoon ... that or Jose, Julio and Medina had just got back from siesta with only two or three margaritas a piece. I don't have any airbag, wind noise (other than my girl friend), greasy shifter boot, bluetooth, etc., problems. I didn't get the SL badge on my car either but I'm thinking about putting a Ford Mustang GT badge on it just to screw with peoples heads. The TPMS light came on but once I inflated the tires to 42, drove the car a few miles to get the light to go out and then let some air out I haven't had the problem again. And yes, it is a light car that is affected by the wind blowing and grooves in the road but you kind of have to expect that from something that looks like a pregnant roller skate.

Don't get me wrong I do have a few issues but they aren't anything major. Due to the remoteness of where I live I do drive on dirt roads .. A LOT! The car handles the roads extremely well but the rear view mirror vibrates like a ... well ... a ... vibrator according to my girlfriend (Why she would know is beyond me = ). It's annoying but fortunately the odds of someone driving up behind me out here is slim. I also think the engine revs a bit high in 6th gear. I know 4 cylinder engines can take the higher revs, etc., but I believe Nissan will probably change that in later models because it would get a bit better mileage. One thing that is nice about it the higher revs is passing in 6th gear is awfully easy. Now that I've opened the mileage "can of worms" the worst I've gotten in town is 29.11 mpg and the best I've gotten on the highway was 35.58 mpg with AC off. My average on the highway is actually 33.82 mpg with the AC on. Keep in mind I'm 44 years old and I've already gotten more than my fair share of speeding tickets so I drive rather mundanely. Besides, when I want to go fast and get bad mileage I own another car that is built with that in mind. The car seems to have a bit of road noise (tires) on some of Nevada's lesser maintained roads but there is a volume knob on the radio so I just crank Led Zepplin up and make the pain go away. One thing I wish it did was that the steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls lit up when you turned on the headlights. It's nothing major once you get used to the controls but if Ford can make that happen on my F350 truck I'd think Nissan could do that on a car easily.

Once again, overall I love the Versa and what it offers for the money but liek anything else I guess time will tell. It's the 3rd Nissan I've owned and I'd recommend it to anyone right now. I have a few friends who have seen it and are considering it for their kids for college. It'll be interesting to see how it handles ocne the snow gets here = )

Thanks to all the knowledgeable members who post ... and the rest of you who are at least amusing

If anything is misspelled ... it's not bad spelling, it's my &%*^ poor typing. Ten *&%)^ fingers and none of you can remember to hit the "i" before the "e"!!

DocPlez
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, White 6 spd w/ conv package, 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2004 Superformance "Shel

and I'll quit trying to get a laugh at my girlfriends expense ... she's not annoying in the least. Besides she's a gorgeous brunette (currently sporting the blonde #4 option) that came equipped from the factory with both the SuperModel and Stripper packages and it's not in my best interest to get on her bad side.

Return to “Versa General Chat”