Versa Shortage

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Well, I got all the paper work done today and got the preapproved loan sitting there waiting but no Versa!! I was supposed to go several hours ago to pick one up, it was showing on the computer but they didn't actually have the darn thing. They finally found one and now they are having a heck of a time getting it transferred, even though they have an identical one except for color to send back to them!! This is driving me nuts. We were all set to pick up and now, poof, sorry no Versa. I told the salesman that if this keeps up, I will go back to my Fords!!!

ilusha55

I understand you unsatisfaction...patience a lot of people now are in the same situation.

I ll be getting mine next week but judging by the salesman's tone i am not so sure anymore, and he doesn't return our calls

Try not to depend on salesman words at 100%. My advice, try not to care about it almost, go see some other dealerships, test drive other versas. Take it easy.

...my two cents

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

ilusha55 wrote:about it almost, go see some other dealerships,
Especially this part.

Nissan's site allows you to find nearby dealerships by ZIP and search their inventories for Versas... you may need to plug in several zip codes to get all the dealerships in your area, but that's how I 1) found out about my Versa (3rd closest dealership) and 2) found out that there were several Versas nearby when Kermee was having trouble finding his (I didn't even look far enough, his ended up being another 20 miles away)

skoobahead
Car: Powder 1.8SL CVT

Been there done that.

Gave a deposit for a car they could get because, Quote:"I can get the car because unlike other dealers I have a different color Versa to trade, besides I have a great relationship with this other dealership!"

2 days go by and no trade. Turns out dealers have no incentive to waste their time trading Versa for Versa like it's a common Ford Taurus. They can sell what the've got.... no problem

Long story short....They never got it and I found one somewhere else.

Good luck

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

That totally sucks guys, im sorry. dont give up the Versa is an awesome ride with great potential.

i think my dealer is in a similar boat, they told me when i bought my car that they weren't getting anymore for a few months that the factory wasn't sending them any i guess they dont sell enough Nissans for the factory to give a damn about them, they only had four within the past few months and i looked at them all, finally decided on my baby and it was their last one. stick in there

landonb16

I waited a month, today was the last day i was going to wait, i was going to pull the plug if it wasn't there. They told me i was going to get it july 20th, and today is the 18th of aug. It did show up today and it is worth the wait. It sucked to wait, but i am soooo happy now. To anybody else, do not deal until you see the car and it is there, it sucks to wait, it will drive you nuts.

Sahandman
Car: civic

dude most people are waiting months to get their car, please remember the versa started production for entire north america in july. Reason why ford has so many cars on their dealership lots is cause their crap, and stockpiling, recent news today that ford is laying of thousands of workers, yet again!

landonb16

they lied man, and they are doing it to a lot of people. They will tell you it will be here in a couple of days, or they will say "We can get the car that you want, we can transfer one from another dealer." Total BS. I have been to a lot of the dealerships in VA and a couple of then in NC and they all say the something. The truth is, most dealerships have one on the lot to show off, the rest are sold and the ones that are coming in during the next couple of weeks are sold to. If you are not on the list now, you are going to be waiting for a while to get the versa that you want (color, packages...).

I would have not been as pissed if they would have told me "its will be a couple of weeks before it comes in, it is going to take a while," but they didn't. They told me it would be a couple of days, that’s the problem with most of them.

And Ford isn't closing plants because they made too many cars, they are closing because they are idiots who make a ****ty product. Too many have been burned by them… Honda, Nissan, Kia, Mazda, they are not having problems selling their cars.

ducatinova

I would say like Toyota, Nissan Dealers did not demand the company build a lot of small cars. Dealers want large high profit trucks. Even in light of slack sales of SUV's if you talk to dealers they don't actually want to sell small types of cars. Most dealers I have talked to try to steer me to a large car I do not want. They say" You won't like that little car". Who are you to tell me what I like? How dare you. Maybe next year Nissan will ramp up production if demand stays high.

NYNISSAN
Car: ALL OF EM

Ramping up production has its consequences. The more readily available the vehicle is , the lower the resale value. So for the current owners , you want production down. As a nissan dealer i am fine with lower production. We will still be able to sell the vehicle for list. Theres no mark up in the damn thing anyways. the only reason why the vehicle is in short demand is because we are getting our 1st shipments of the car. In oct,nov demand will be a little less . Unless the great reviews just keep coming like they are. The 07 sentra which is gonna be a great vehicle will also take versa sales away. Right now the 06 sentra styling is a bit stale. the new sentra will be higher priced but will compete better and make versa's more readily available.

GizmoDVD
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

Out of two Nissans I visited both have had 3 cars each. Just not the color (Blue) that I want.

Kermee

I ran into the same issues with the Versa when I was looking for the redesigned Lexus IS back in November. Incidentally, it was a lot harder with the Versa than with Lexus but still if you know what you want and exactly how you want it, it's worth the wait once you get the vehicle.

Everyone has their limits. Heck, I started looking at the Toyota Matrix (not because of brand loyalty to Toyota/Lexus) and a Mazda3 5-door. Then luckily one day I called up a Nissan dealership early in the afternoon inquiring what I wanted and it was located at another dealership and someone had a deposit on it. Later in the afternoon, they had traded their only Versa left (Blue Onyx) to the other dealership and got me the Super Black Versa I wanted. Turns out the folks wanted Blue Onyx in the end and not the Super Black.

Some might call it fate. There's some luck involved too.

Don't give up!

Cheers,Kermee

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I just plain got lucky.

First closest dealership had a Versa, but it was a CVT which I didn't want, and the guys there are the biggest scheisters in the world anyway, so I wasn't about to deal with them.

Second closest had no Versas whatsoever.

Third closest listed 3 Versas... an SL and two S's. I called to make sure the SL was still there, which it was, and told them I'd be down in a half hour for a test drive. (By the time I got there, both S's were gone!)

They had it sitting out front waiting for a test drive... Took it out, loved it, bought it. It happened to be the exact color with the exact transmission and exact options I wanted. Turns out the sales guy who I was buying from had no idea how the car got out front... until another sales guy was trying frantically to find the keys to it just a couple minutes before I went into financing to sign for everything. Apparently someone else had called and wanted to test drive it, but was going to be in like an hour after I got there, and that's why the car was moved up.

And I practically had to beat people off with a stick when my car was being prepped for delivery, there were several couples looking at the car itself and their kids were climbing into and out of the car. I'm sitting there snickering to myself, that these people are testing out MY car.

A couple minutes later one of the fathers in one of those families asked me if I wanted to look at the car and I just casually said "not really, I just bought it." You should have seen the way the color drained from his face when he realized his kids were inside someone else's car.

Anyway. I just thought I'd bring up the light side of shortages. I know waiting sucks. But between waiting and searching, I'm sure we can all get the Versas we're looking for. I mean, wasn't there a guy here from Texas who drove 3 hours one-way to get the one he wanted?

ilusha55

Ever Victorious wrote:A couple minutes later one of the fathers in one of those families asked me if I wanted to look at the car and I just casually said "not really, I just bought it." You should have seen the way the color drained from his face when he realized his kids were inside someone else's car.

ducatinova

Funny! I guess you have to try to keep light hearted about it. There are 7 Nissan dealers near my parents home. My dad said each has two or three at a time. Now don't throw anything at me but he suggested that ugly dodge that is out right now. He says many dealers there list that they have over 100 available. We only have two nissan dealers near here so I may have a long wait.

Return to “Versa General Chat”