Versa- rear bumper Step Plate

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

Hi All,Does anyone else find the list of official Nissan accessories extremely lame? If this car has been out for so long in other countries why is there nothing available here?

Anyway, I am looking for a rear bumper step plate, like the one you can get for the Mazda 3:

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

You're not the only one looking for accessories not available in the US. I'm not sure if it's Nissan dragging their heels, or if they honestly think this is the list of accessories we're happy with.

I have taken the initiative and emailed a Nissan dealer in Sydney, Australia to see if they would be interested in taking orders from us and shipping them stateside.

To those that would be interested, this would be a way for us to get a much broader spectrum of accessories, if they allow this. The down side is that shipping is far more expensive from down there, so you REALLY have to want the accessory.

voltronguy

Thanks EV. I'm not sure yet how much I want this, but it would be nice to see about it. Is there a good link to see Tiida accessories? The Japanese site is a bit hard to navigate!

Legacy40k
Car: Versa

I too have been wondering about getting this. I've even thought about getting the Mazda one if it doesnt have a Mazda logo on it, and trimming it to fit my Versa.

Alternatively, anybody know of any other ways to protect this area?

Ever Victorious

Rhino liner probably wouldn't stick well...

I just went to http://www.nissan.au to view the australian accessories. A lot more there than here.

versabundus
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

After searching most of the Nissan world sites, I don't even see a rubber pad for that area . The only thing I saw was a "bootlip protector" which is pulled out temporarily to protect that area while loading or unloading. I would prefer a permanent cover.

voltronguy

versabundus wrote: The only thing I saw was a "bootlip protector" which is pulled out temporarily to protect that area while loading or unloading. I would prefer a permanent cover.
I agree, this isn't that great a solution:

EV, thanks for the Australian idea. Your url was giving me trouble though, here is the one that worked for me:http://www.nissan.com.au/tiida/accessories.asp

Ever Victorious

Whoopsie, my bad... didn't read the site completely.... thought the bumper protector might be it, but nope.

Paula
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/convience pkg

I e-mailed these guys back in August....

Mark FitzpatrickNorthern Motor Group45-47 Clements AveBundoora VIC3083(w) 03 9466 5823(f) 03 9467 [email protected]

Mark replied very quickly letting me know that they do not/can not ship "over seas". He also gave me the # & e-mail addy to another dealer down there. Even went to the trouble to "ring them up" to ask about shipping to the US, but the other dealer had the same response.

Paula

MIdnkight-lude

i wonder if we can use the mazda 3 plate :P

Return to “Versa General Chat”