Versa Hatch or Trunk Net

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Someone has asked about a hatch net, if one is available, etc. There isn't an official one available, unfortunately. But, I am working on a kit for the Versa sedan and hatch. Anyone interested in something like this? I'm thinking it may cost about $25 - $30 for everything about 5 minutes of work on your part. I am trying to firm up the details and fit the kit to my car this weekend. It will consist of all Nissan OEM parts that you can buy from your local dealer or an online source for OEM parts.

If there are other things that you want (accessories), please list them up. I don't care if they are from other Nissan models or other manufacturers. We can explore the realm of what is possible.

NCJack
Car: 2007 Versa SL

I put a net in my trunk. It was like 12bucks at Kmart. I just punched a hole through the carpet and attached it to the bolt on either side of the trunk that holds the tailight in place. Works like a charm and I use it alot!

Regards,Jack

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

Thanks for looking into this :D

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

I finally found a great set-up this weekend.

Here are the parts involved:

Trunk Net 999C1-UT000 (need 1)
Trunk Net Hook 84937-ZB000 (need 2)
Trunk Net Hook 84937-ZB100 (need 2)

Your dealership can order any of the parts listed. I went grocery shopping and my milk finally didn't tip over!

Here it is in my car:

norton3
Car: 2010 nissan versa SL sedan - fresh powder (convenience package)

I was surprised that my sedan didn't have one(had one in all my other Nissans, do you think these parts would work for the V sedan? what did it take to install it?

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

This one is just for the hatchback. I will have to work on a sedan version. You just have to pop the clips out that are currently in there, and replace them with the ones that I suggested. Maybe a 5 minute install.

iluvmyVersa08

I'm in the process of trying to get this. I have emailed 3-4 different Nissan parts companies in the US. I'm just trying to see how much there shipping is. One company wanted $80 shipping for an item that weighs virtually nothing.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

Promise Land wrote:I finally found a great set-up this weekend.

Here are the parts involved:

Trunk Net 999C1-UT000 (need 1)

Trunk Net Hook 84937-ZB000 (need 2)

Trunk Net Hook 84937-ZB100 (need 2)

Your dealership can order any of the parts listed. I went grocery shopping and my milk finally didn't tip over!
Score!! When I bought the first V, I asked that they throw in a cargo net and they agreed to... However, one wasn't offered (It's a hatch for crying out loud! I should have a cargo net) So I'm going to see if my dealership will get me the parts for free... XoD

iluvmyVersa08

KimberKenobi wrote: Score!! When I bought the first V, I asked that they throw in a cargo net and they agreed to... However, one wasn't offered (It's a hatch for crying out loud! I should have a cargo net) So I'm going to see if my dealership will get me the parts for free... XoD
Yes I have wanted one forever and my dealership kept telling me, 'it doesn't exist'. BUT I know it exists somehow because I have seen another Versa with one here. I am really looking forward to getting it. Hopefully this week it arrives :D

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

I may do a special buy on this kit for the net and clips. Anyone interested in this? Please let me know.

norton3

yes, if you do one for sedans that installs as easy, with no drilling.

iluvmyVersa08

Promise Land wrote:I may do a special buy on this kit for the net and clips. Anyone interested in this? Please let me know.
Henry is sending me a set ... if it wasn't on the way, then yes I would have been interested, lol.

iluvmyVersa08

I received my net and hooks in the mail today.

Hopefully I can install it sometime this week :D

iluvmyVersa08

Installed it today :)

norton3

ilovemyversa08 ,your net came out great, I still want to do one for my sedan, any chance that kit will be available promiseland?

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

I'm still working on it. I don't have a sedan to tinker with, so I have to research as I can. I know the clips will work in the sedan but don't know what net would work from another Nissan.

norton3

was at my dealer today, spoke to the parts lady about what I wanted to do, she ordered me a altima coupe net(she thinks it should fit) for $20.It will be in in a few days, she said we can look at it before I take it to see if it will fit.

iluvmyVersa08

norton3 wrote:was at my dealer today, spoke to the parts lady about what I wanted to do, she ordered me a altima coupe net(she thinks it should fit) for $20.It will be in in a few days, she said we can look at it before I take it to see if it will fit.
Not a bad price and nice of them to let you check first.

My dealership wanted $110 for just the net, and it had to be special ordered (which made it non-returnable if it didn't fit) ... Sometimes, that's why I dislike our CDN dealerships. Accessories tend to cost double if not triple the price in the US.

norton3

got mine in today, the altima coupe net fit the sedan fine, came with 4 clips, took a couple min. to install.Image

norton3

heres a side pic.Image

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

great install.

JPS48
Car: 2009 Versa SL Hatchback

There may be separate thread on this specific topic but since it was mentioned here and I'm also interested in the trunk net solution, I'll add my comments here and that is, What on Earth is up with Nissan Canada's parts pricing?

I just phoned the local dealer east of Toronto and was quoted $54.95 for the net (UT000), $3.72 each for the ZB000 clip and $8.19 each for the ZB100's. So before tax, I'm looking at $78.00. I then phoned a western New York dealer whose prices were $20, $1.70 and $3.10 respectively for a total before tax price of $29.00!

How on earth can that be justified? A small premium perhaps for smaller volumes or whatever but almost triple? Ridiculous.

Guess it's obvious where I'll be buying mine the next time I'm in the U.S.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

nothus
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa 1.8L S HB

Dead thread revival.

I just got a 2011 V HB and talked to the parts guy at the dealership where I bought it, unfortunately they are taking their sweet time getting back with me. I was looking at the images posted here and at the back of my hatchback and I don't think the hooks are the same.

If I see it right, in the pictures, the hooks are going on bolts that are already there? I popped a few covers and they are basically holes in the plastic body. I don't know if the hooks are supposed to go in there or what, and since I haven't seen any of the hooks I'm doubly in the dark. Also, I saw a cargo net in walmart for $10-$20, can't remember which.

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

there are four plastic clips that hold the plastic finishers on the body. The hooks will replace those.

I'm doubtful your parts guys is going to be that much help. Try Micro Image for a setup. They have them in stock and it's the OEM kit. I don't know what Wal-Mart sells.

I did an install video for it already.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOLGEN4AB8[/youtube]

Tacuvito
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

I ordered my net this past Saturday. I should have it by Friday. I will post photos once installed. Thanks for the information Promise Land.

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

did you get it from Micro Image?

Tacuvito
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

I finally got my net from my local Nissan dealer.

the package.

My gear

DaniloSampaio
Car: Nissan Tiida 1.8S 2011

Will the maxima or the altima coupe trunk net fit the versa HB?

I'm having a bit of trouble on getting the altima sedan trunk net

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

The sedan net fits the hatch best. The Altima Coupe won't fit very well. No idea if the Maxima net would work. I found the Altima sedan was the best fit I could find easily.

DaniloSampaio
Car: Nissan Tiida 1.8S 2011

Promise Land wrote:The sedan net fits the hatch best. The Altima Coupe won't fit very well. No idea if the Maxima net would work. I found the Altima sedan was the best fit I could find easily.
Thanks mate, I found one altima sedan trunk net for a good price at eBay

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”