Versa Front coil spring recall

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Ken-55
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback

2010 Versa SL Hatchback w/CVT

Getting ready to have my airbag recall done (just notified that the parts came in). I'm in a free 2017 Sentra loaner for the last 2.5 months.

There's also a recall on the front coil springs due to excessive corrosion and spring breakage.

My question is . . . I'v got about 90k miles. The spring recall repair instructions calls for the dealer to re-install my used struts into the new coil springs. I'm thinking that this would be a really good time to get new struts and it would probably be much easier for them to just replace the entire strut/spring assembly. I'm willing to pay the difference between the cost of the springs and the assembly but don't want to pay any extra labor because I'm probably saving them time.

Any thoughts or recommendations on this? Anyone had luck doing something like this?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Don't be surprised if the dealer then charges you the full amount for changing struts. They often look to combine payout items with warranty work to get the charges. You're telling them to do it as well is an authorization of the to-be-paid-for work. Seen it done at different places before.

Very tricky, they will have you in court.

Return to “Versa General Chat”