Versa Fog Light Question

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
BWG
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL
2009 Nissan Versa S (Totaled)

I recently lightly rear ended someone, and the body shop replaced my Walmart Aftermarket Fog Lamps with what appears to be factory lamps. Problem is, I cannot turn my fog lights on with my toggle switch now. They literally yanked half the old wires out of the engine bay and just left the other half in there. They didn't bother hooking my toggle switch up, and I really wouldn't expect them too.

So, I need to hook this toggle switch up to the factory wiring harness so I can turn these new lights on, or acquire a factory toggle switch I can plug into the harness.

I'm sure the wiring harness is behind the bay where the toggle switch would be, right? Also, I need to know the pin out of the harness so I could connect my aftermarket toggle switch to it.

I have a feeling that a factory toggle switch will be a chore to locate at recycling yards as I hardly ever see factory lamps on these things.

So, I started posting on this Versa forum when I bought the car in 2009, and here I am again 176,000 miles later. This car will be driven till I cannot put the wheels back on. The only abnormal repair I've had to do is replace the fuel pump around 155,000. I did have to pull the fuel pressure regulator off the old pump and put it on the one I pulled from the recycle yard. The one that was on there had the delayed start bug. It's still a great car though! Thanks in advance to those who chime in to help me out.

Edit:

Part Number: 25540-EE90E
Used with Versa, Titan, and Rogue from 07-11. Several available on car-part.com from recycling yards. Hope this all helps others.

AJVersa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

176K, congratulations I hope my 09 V last that long. I am assuming, you did not personally do the orginal foglight install. Check for factory pre wiring. The body shop may have connected your new fogs to it. If no factory wires exist, you'll need to rewire your toggle from a power source, and the new lights. Its not difficult. Use this link as guide.
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2009_Versa/LT.pdf
page LT-39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... FbdQ53FkS0
walmart-foglight-thread-t454510.html

BWG

Hey, thank you. I flipped 177 k on my way home from work. I know it had the harnesses installed. I saw them when I installed the Walmart fig lights. I'm picking up that part for 30 from a recycling yard tomorrow, but they will ship it. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you run into a fuel pump issue, let me know. I removed mine 3 times. I drive this car like I stole it. My commute is about an hour and fifteen on a good day. Every other weekend, I drive twelve hours.

Oh, if anyone ever wondered, it can hit 140 with gravity, and its pretty controlled for a little car at that speed. Just don't slam the brakes. Lol

BWG

I never picked up a turn signal switch w/fog light controls. I have not gotten to use the fog lights yet. How can I bypass getting one with a toggle switch instead? The wiring harness should have the positive and ground I can tap into at the very least.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I hope I'm understanding your question - You want to just wire them up on a separate dash switch?

If so, I'd recommend a relay, but it's an easy wiring job.

Here's a good basic diagram:

Return to “Versa General Chat”