Versa Exhaust System

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
DriftQueen99
Car: Nissan Versa

Hey Everyone!

First post I've done, if it's not allowed please delete. I have a 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8l- 6 speed manual transmission with 138,000kms. I replaced my muffler 2 weeks ago as it rotted off and costed me $380 with taxes. This week my Versa was loud again and me and my mechanic found that because of pressure build up mixed with road salt a hole blew in my exhaust spherical joint/ flange. The repair is going to be close to $170 with tax but my mechanic is not guaranteeing that nothing else will blow. When looking at the exhaust system I noticed that the center pipe, which is connected to my resonator is staring to split in half, and says my exhaust manifold gasket may be leaking. My mechanic also noticed a lot of heat where the flange is which he says could be a sign my catalytic converter is clogging up. He says if both the center pipe with the resonator and catalytic converter both go it will be close to $1100 to replace and fix.

A friend if mine says if either one goes I should just straight pipe it as where I live they are removing emission tests :chuckle: The only thing I'm iffy about is if that is, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is an O2 sensor before and after the cat/resonator. If that is the case what is a way to get around that without throwing a code or am I better off properly fixing the exhaust? And at what point should I just give up on the car? I've already put in about $1250 on this car not including extra set of tires and rims, bought car at $5000 all in 2 years ago.

Thanks for your input! :)

DizzyKitty
Car: 2000 Maxima SE- in pieces in yard...
2014 Versa Note - Wife's vroom vroom machine

I am no expert, but I think the ecu only needs one of those o2 sensors for air/ fuel purposes. If the one it uses is the one before the cat, then you could strait pipe it and get an O2 sim for the other one behind the cat. at least, this is how people do it on the gen 5 maxima.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”