Versa Brake System

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
DriftQueen99
Car: Nissan Versa

Hey everyone. So I have 2008 Nissan Versa with 137,500kms.

Yesterday my car's brakes were acting up and a couple times just to gradually slow down (not hard braking or jerking) I was able to bottom the brake pedal out with it not suddenly stopping :wtf2: . It was happening a couple times yesterday mostly going from 90km/h to about 30km/h or to a somewhat or a stop (stopping for a yellow light).

I tried playing around with it today and everything seems to work good in a parking lot (its ice everywhere so the fastest I was able to get to was 40km/h). Brakes need little pressure to get it to stop even suddenly. I can still hit the bottoming point if I really push down on the pedal while at a stand still not while driving.

What could have caused it yesterday? Brake fluid is at half (front pads and rotors were replaced 2 years ago), no squealing from the brake pads, and no visual leaks by brakes (not sure about along the chassis as I am unable to jack it up with the amount of ice and snow). Also even though it's not doing it anymore should I still get it checked out?

At first I was thinking air in lines or the master cylinder is bad. I'm thinking maybe the master cylinder might be on its last legs but not sure :gotme . Hope you all can help!

Thanks everyone! :)

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Partial hydraulic failure. It will likely happen again, it almost always does, and commonly worse next time. Your warning.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”