Venus Auto Stage 2

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Thanks for the warning Night. I'm going w/Daunt regardless, but it's good to have REASONS for not going to someplace.

93semax

Just my opinion but posting a negative thread about a competitor =:thumbd

rogue

In Night's defense,

I would see what he said as more as "looking out for someone". I have read on about 10 different forums which I regularly use that Venus Auto is aweful. They are considered lemons. Last year when i was looking for my engine I called them, got into an argument with one of the Sales reps (and trust me I am a quiet person), and I was told that I could only ask questions if I were going to buy on the spot. I can add about 10 - 15 different unique problems others have had with them (not including night's). And this is for nissans, honda's and toyota's (4age).

Now bashing the competition could be a better charge for Night if he had mentioned that you should only buy from him.

spec-v5150

Off topic but Night did you get my emial....

The subject is RB20

tapdeznutz

its like buying a Ford. u hope your car isnt the 10% or so that will need a head job after 70k miles. i know. did too many ford explorer heads

zed616

no offense night, but i've never seen anyone on this board buy anything from you either. just because you haven't heard anything about it doesn't mean much.

zed616

i know what you mean, i have my suspisions about him ever getting anything done too. and i got my motor from venus. i needed it to be cheap, and thats what it was. i had problems with them, but they fixed it within a week. i'm not recommending them to anyone, but you can't beat their prices anywhere. you do pay for what you get, and i'm patient enough to pay for less. :)

lessthanjakejohn

NightXCZ77 wrote:Well, word of mouth means a lot to a customer. Knowing that you will be getting a product from experience of others is very important when you deal with $3000 + of people's money. If customers ask me, I give out references of people that have bought from me and received their items. All I have heard is that Dauntt's engines will be coming, will be coming, will be coming....I remember talking to him last December and they were coming...then again in March. I am just wondering if he's got anything yet or sent anything to customers?

Night

Oh yeah...Cyris3D got his clip through me, not from me...he's on this board.

they are here

Nathan

Night, you need to get out a little...you just stay tucked away here in the RB forum and never experience the rest of NICO... check out http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....20109 to find out about Daunttless's long awaited engines :)

cyris3d

[quote=" NightXCZ77 [1. Ordered a Clip for a Customer, had low compression, missing half of the front section, radiator pushed into fan, LSD never was sent (after months of calling), rusting ecu, no gauges, bad intercooler and damaged piping after they told me the clip was in excellent condition.[/quote]

yeah!.. my motor looks like ****!! and the compression is 135-140 across.. the ECU is rusted to ****!.. and still no lsd!.. pretty unhappy..

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

well being on the supply end I can tell you that finding a decent clip anymore is difficult. Several people have made offers to me to source clips for them and I refused. People don't scrap GOOD RUNNING CARS, hello:thinker I wish all engine buyers luck and I sincerly hope none of you experience the problems I hear almost daily on the board but if I was stateside, knowing what I know, I would expect to get an engine that was missing parts and at best in need of a complete tune up, new turbo and a few gaskets replaced. Stroll through a junkyard there and imagine a Japanese guy over here buying the motor out of the ragged out Mustang carcass you just walked by sight unseen. Point is be careful, if it feels wrong back out it probably is.

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

my Ca came from venus and then went to a half asses turbo shop to be installed then it wouldnt run!! if you hang in the Ca fourm... youall know my ongoin troubles!! i wouldnt ever buy a motor from them !!! i just couldnt pass up the deal i got !!! itll all work out in the end !!! ive already had offers to sell or trade her for way more then ive spent ... one of my best friends keeps trying to get it off me and hes seen first hand the crap thats gone bad on it !! ive never compression tested it, im afraid of the results .. so ill just run it till it croaks and rebuild it or buy another block and head !! and hopefully ill have a video camera around when she goes up in flames!!

FAST-DATSUN

WHAT everone is forgeting is these are used parts and importers are not repair/ install shops, they usually have little knoledge of the products they sell. I have heard every shop and importor from coase to coast blasted here. Sound like when buying thing you need to ensure you know what you buying and have REAL expatations of what you going yo get,, Almost all clips/motorsets are from junked or wrecked cars that got there for some reason!! Some clips are good condition and some are defenetaly not and Your going the get what on the shelf unless you Know what your buing and ask for what you want and pictures of what your going to get. Large importors move hundreds of engine a month and of course the best ones go the the wise buyers....

Mack at Mckinney motorsports

spec-v5150

FAST-DATSUN wrote:WHAT everone is forgeting is these are used parts and importer are not shops, they usually have little knoledge of the products they sell. I heard every shop and importor from coase to coast blasted here. Sound like when buying thing you need to ensure you know what you buying and have REAL expatations of what you going yo get,, Almost all clips/motorsets are from junked or wrecked cars that got there for some reason!! Some clips are good condition and some are defenetaly not and Your going the get what on the shelf unless you Know what your buing and ask for what you want and pictures of what your going to get. Large importors move hundreds of engine a month and of course the best ones go the the wise buyers....

Mack at Mckinney motorsports

Very well put. BTW Mack, where is McKinney motorsports located

roundrocktom

spec-v5150 wrote:Very well put. BTW Mack, where is McKinney motorsports located

San Diego.

McKinney Motors

Not affliated, but nice to see they have an actual photo of their "RB25det mounts to '89 - '97 240SX" on their sale page!

Mack -- I'm a long time Datsun guy, so we've probably meet up at Shasta or ??? For the life of me I can not put names to faces. :D

Night -- are you working with Ryan? Nice guy to deal with, and the clip looks good.

Tom

spec-v5150

Night hit me up at [email protected]

I got some questions about an RB20. I emailed you, but apparently you didnt get it???

hashiriya13
Car: Cars, Racing, Cars, Racing

Night, I am not trying to start anything, but how is venus not competition if you import and sell clips/motors as well. I know you do the install stuff and all but just because they only inport and sell engines/clips and you do the same plus install wouldn't that still make them competition?

spec-v5150

NightXCZ77 wrote:They are not my competition because they do not have the knowledge to back their product and help out their customers. I also do not classify them as my competition because I know the quality of clips that I have seen come out of Venus and I know the quality that I provide.

Night

Agreed. I think for someone to be in direct competition they have to offer the SAME services as you. I could stretch and say they are indirect. But they offer NO support. Night does the install and helps with tech support. I have yet to see someone say here give me your number and I WILL CALL YOU long distance.

hashiriya13
Car: Cars, Racing, Cars, Racing

I see your point but the buyer will still shop around and compare all sources for what they need. So in a way they are your competion to the buyer. Venus and yourself may not consider each other competion but people will be comparing prices, availability, quality from what others have recieved and reputation. I dont know what the quality of product from venus or yourself is so I have no opinion on that. It is good that people post there expieriances with conpanies good or bad. But in the buyers eyes you both of you sell clips/engines and that makes you competitors and this info should be passed by the buyers and not another seller. I hope you can see my view on this. Oh and its great if you offer tech support for your buyers. I know I would never buy from someone more than once if they had no support or anwsers to my questions.

spec-v5150

hashiriya13 wrote:I see your point but the buyer will still shop around and compare all sources for what they need. So in a way they are your competion to the buyer. Venus and yourself may not consider each other competion but people will be comparing prices, availability, quality from what others have recieved and reputation. I dont know what the quality of product from venus or yourself is so I have no opinion on that. It is good that people post there expieriances with conpanies good or bad. But in the buyers eyes you both of you sell clips/engines and that makes you competitors and this info should be passed by the buyers and not another seller. I hope you can see my view on this. Oh and its great if you offer tech support for your buyers. I know I would never buy from someone more than once if they had no support or anwsers to my questions.

I see your point too. I have emailed night and seen his work. The average joe shmoe may not. They'll see Venus' prices and jump for joy just like I did. i have heard good and bad. I may have a friend buying a ca18det from them. If he has a good experience and i can see it firsthand, i would contemplate buying from them

93semax

NightXCZ77 wrote:They are not my competition because they do not have the knowledge to back their product and help out their customers. I also do not classify them as my competition because I know the quality of clips that I have seen come out of Venus and I know the quality that I provide.

Night
That doesn't matter, they sell rb clips, you sell rb clips. They are your competition whether you know it or not. By your logic you have no competition as you are the only person who will sell an rb and give tech support.

slw240sx

ahhhhh my motor sucks .... its in need of a tear down... its just one problemn after another seals failing , hoses bursting .. sensors broken.. harnes was hacked up..my oil pan is hitt!!!! tranny wont shift till warmed up... i can only imagine the amount of miles this things got and who put them on it !!! ohwelll it was cheap and ive gotten to drive the car awhole 3 days since december 10th when i got it !!! what month is it amlost may ? damn thats alot of down time!!! n i have to finish replacing the o rings in the oil cooler that started spraying oil everyewhere one day !!! yay turbo nissans are so much fun....maybe one day ill get to drive one ... sorry i needed to vent!!jon

FDragger

well... I live in sacramento so I can make the 20 min drive and visit venus personally. they get a :ylsuper from me.

opensource

slw240sx wrote:ahhhhh my motor sucks .... its in need of a tear down... its just one problemn after another seals failing , hoses bursting .. sensors broken.. harnes was hacked up..my oil pan is hitt!!!! tranny wont shift till warmed up... i can only imagine the amount of miles this things got and who put them on it !!! ohwelll it was cheap and ive gotten to drive the car awhole 3 days since december 10th when i got it !!! what month is it amlost may ? damn thats alot of down time!!! n i have to finish replacing the o rings in the oil cooler that started spraying oil everyewhere one day !!! yay turbo nissans are so much fun....maybe one day ill get to drive one ... sorry i needed to vent!!jon

i hope you know your motor is around 13 years old, what do you expect?

lessthanjakejohn

opensource: why did you pick that name? do you work with linux?

opensource

i help run a few linux servers at work. i like the os.

lessthanjakejohn

opensource wrote:i help run a few linux servers at work. i like the os.

cool

opensource

NightXCZ77 wrote:CA's are reliable engines, even if they are 13 years old, without a ton of mods, that shouldn't be happening to them. I have an 87 Maxima with over 200k miles and it runs PERFECT....that's 16 years old. It's not turbo, but it's still a good engine.

Night

once a motor sits for a long period of time, it becomes a completely different story.

slw240sx

i didnt buy it direct ! i bought it off a kid who had it put in at a high performance turbo specialty shop! and it quit running after less then 2000 miles n hes a full time student n went into his student loans to buyit all, so he gave up rather easy and i bought it for super duper cheap.. had it running three days later after fixing like 5 bad connections on the harness! so i thought all was goin to be good after that! i mean it runs good and strong its just in need of alot of TLC and refurbishing!! which i plan to give to it and do to it !!! night can you get complete rebuild kits for it from japan???if so could you get me a price!!!

slw240sx

how much !!!!!

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”