Venus Auto Parts

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
Ace
Car: S14

Does anyone know about Venus Auto Parts. Like are the engines that they sell quality or e-bay crap. I saw how sport compact car used them in the May 2002 issue and I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them?

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Why dont you email SCC and ask their opinion too. If you think they are giving you BS then post their reply here and we will analyze it.;)

Daunttless

Venus is who most of the presellers around the nation buy their engines from. The prices are good, not nearly as good as SCC lists them at, but they're pretty good. However, they offer no warranty expressed or implied in any fashion, nor will they give you even the slightest bit of help with anything, if something isn't there, oh well. If you need help, call a mechanic. : ) But their prices are pretty good.

Ace
Car: S14

I called them today and they said 2200 and up for S13 Front clips. Which is 700 more than SCC said. The guy also said he was backordered. I was willing to go with them because of cost, I will probably end up dealing with one of the main three. Dauntless, Heavy, or Unstable.

S13ninja

Yo man. Yeh the ssc said they were 1500 for the front clips. Well, thats what it said, since then every place jumped there prices cuz of that mag. EVen thou they said the front clip is 2,200, its really 2,500. they just say that on the phone. Just to let you know...venus does not always sell quality engines. I bought mine from there...and i had to work out a hella lot of kinks and also my motor is not all that. My friend also bought his from there and it was crap. They offer no warrenties or anything. I know of a couple good places that do it. Try http://www.heavythrottle.com

Daunttless

Hehe, I"m pretty sure I already said that. Plus, the 1500 was a special price for SCC anyways.

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

I know Daunt is the motor man for this board... But to just give my 2cents.. I got my *blacktop* from HT for 3050 shipped with the stock SMIC. They told me I was the 1st on the list, but when the motors got to the US, they told me I needed to send $100 more or wait for the next one.. I sent them the money. In their defence, The motor is in excellent shape, guarnteed less than 30k, and they sent me a small box of probably-broken replacement parts, just to make my install go easier... So thats my HT experince. Daunt is a cool guy with similar or better prices so now that i know him i probably woulda gone with him.. even if i never did get that email about the 180sx control...:)

Daunttless

ah, I'm a bastard, I never sent that. One second. : )

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”