vents stop a/c

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jryka

2015 Nissan Rogue. Air does not always come through the vents to the interior. The air conditioner will be working, blowing cold air. Then over time the amount of air pushing through the vents starts to decrease until no air is coming to the interior of the car. You can hear the blower working, and the compressor working, but the air flow to the interior just stops..as if the vents close down. Any fixes?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

When was the last time you changed the cabin filter?
When was the last time the AC system was serviced?

In order to keep the AC system in proper working condition it should be run for 15 minutes about every three weeks year round. Yes, even in the dead of winter this should be done.

From your description the most likely culprit is the blend door actuator. Sounds like it may be faulty.

jryka

I live in FL and use the a/c everyday. It works fine. The air is cold and the fan is blowing, but after a while the air flow is diminished (the fan is still blowing and the small amount of air coming out is cold)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

jryka wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:33 am
I live in FL and use the a/c everyday. It works fine. The air is cold and the fan is blowing, but after a while the air flow is diminished (the fan is still blowing and the small amount of air coming out is cold)
I asked about service on your vehicle, not where you live.

I understood the problem and offered a reason for it. But instead of acknowledging that you reiterated the problem.

There's no point in keeping this thread open if you're going to ignore what people post.

I recommend taking the vehicle to a shop that specializes in AC repair. Topic closed.

Return to “Rogue Forum”