Ventilated seats not very cool!

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
greenejason
Car: 2011 G37 convertible - Graphite Shadow/Graphite

I did a search, but got no matches. How cool should the seats get with the cooling turned all the way up? I have only had my vert for a few weeks and I seem to remember that I could feel it through my clothes early on, but I feel nothing now. I can't even really feel the air flowing through if I put my hand on the seats. I can hear the fan, and I can feel the air being pulled into the seat from the back. I just checked the passenger side and I feel the air there for sure. Anything I can check befoe scheduling a visit to the dealership?

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

Wish I could help, but those of us who have the Sport Package do not have the option for cooling seats. Just heat. I had cooling/heating seats in my lexus IS350, but the seats never really got "cool", just a little bit of air coming through the ventilated seats that I barely even noticed. Never thought the feature really worked, IMO. LOL. I would imagine you would feel the air coming through your seats even less when you have the top down.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Cobra_Kai_84 wrote:Wish I could help, but those of us who have the Sport Package do not have the option for cooling seats. Just heat. I had cooling/heating seats in my lexus IS350, but the seats never really got "cool", just a little bit of air coming through the ventilated seats that I barely even noticed. Never thought the feature really worked, IMO. LOL. I would imagine you would feel the air coming through your seats even less when you have the top down.
+1 sport package here too so I don't have cooled seats in my G but do in my S80 and while you can't "feel" the breeze, when you have swamp @ss the air flow is noticeable as improved evaporative cooling! :biggrin:

PS - welcome Jason

greenejason

Thanks. I skipped the sport just so that I could get these seats, so I'm hoping it can be improved. I'm going to take it in next week and see what the shop says.

BadDogi
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Something must be wrong, mine get really cold when turned all the way up and it is quick to get cold.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

BadDogi wrote:Something must be wrong, mine get really cold when turned all the way up and it is quick to get cold.
great to have AC seats :cool:

greenejason

I read through the manual and it mentioned that you should turn the heat/cool off after use. It had been warm outside so I had been leaving mine on cool all the time. I turned them off for a couple days and tried again and they seemed to get really cool. Maybe it's just all in my head, but I'm trying to turn them off before I turn the car off each time. I'll keep a watch on it.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”