Velets Can't Start My FX Tech

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Salsa
Car: Dance

About 90% of the time that I leave my car with a valet, they can't get it started with the valet key. They say that the key wont turn. I have no trouble, but I always have my smart key in my pocket. Is there something wrong with my car? Or, is it "operator error?"

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

Its entirely posible the key might be cut wrong, i had had that problem with one of my origional keys. Couldnt even trun it in the ignition unless you got it just right.

Salsa
Car: Dance

Thanks. So, the solution would be to talk to the service department at the dealership?

edinaman
Car: old cars

I had the same problem. One time I could not get the ignition to turn with the valet key or the smart key. The car had to be towed in. It was a Sat. nite so the dealer was closed. As we were getting into the cab, we got a call from the tow truck driver. He got it started. It involved locking and unlocking the driver's door a number of times and a few other things I don't remember. When I tried explaining it to the dealer's service dept., they looked at me like I was crazy. That was the first time I used valet parking with the FX. Now, when I use valet parking, I start the car with the valet key and leave it in the ignition, and pray it wil start when I come back out! Sometimes they say it was hard to turn the ignition, and other times there is no problem. When it went through a car wash, the people driving it out had the same problem. Somehow, I got the ignition to turn. When it goes in for its 7400 mile service, I will mention it to them again.

Return to “Murano Forum”