Vehicle stalling, M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Matthewchristeson
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 S

OK after replacing camshaft position sensor for code P03408 and intake time in sensor for P 1140 vehicle still wants to Cut out and lose power. After engine completely stalls out vehicle does restart and drives normally. Issue is sporadic and I can occur at any time. I have skimmed the forum and seeing that this is a common fault but I must be missing something because I have not found or seen with someone stand corrected. I’m currently driving a 2006 Infiniti M 45 sport with 314,924 miles on the odometer

macgiver

Not being a wiseguy , but due respect . 314,924 miles is kinda the problem , ya gonna be tricky going over ALL possible applicable possibilities , and Kudos from many on here with same car .
All I can say is the MAF , try to positively eliminate that , they're tricky , intermittantly problematic, and you always see them being a 'hidden culpret ' for so many cars on these forum .

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I would look at the electrical system and wiring. Those can cause sensor faults to show up even if the sensor was actually ok and can cause the car to die out of nowhere.

EdBwoy

Matthewchristeson wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:10 pm
OK after replacing camshaft position sensor for code P03408 and intake time in sensor for P 1140 vehicle still wants to Cut out and lose power. After engine completely stalls out vehicle does restart and drives normally. Issue is sporadic and I can occur at any time. I have skimmed the forum and seeing that this is a common fault but I must be missing something because I have not found or seen with someone stand corrected. I’m currently driving a 2006 Infiniti M 45 sport with 314,924 miles on the odometer
One question I like to ask at this time is, were your replacement sensors OEM units?

You don't have to buy them directly from your neighborhood dealership, but we have come to learn that when it comes to replacement engine sensors, unless it's a genuine Nissan/Infiniti part, you are bound to have issues.

Matthewchristeson
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 S

Update,

I had replaced the camshaft position senor for the phase sensor and have seemed to corrected the drivability issue.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”