Vehicle importation to the US....anyone?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
RedStage
Car: Cars

Hey there. I'm in Japan with the Navy. Been here since 93, and have owned more than my fair share of S13's....

I might have to return to the US next summer but I recently acquired something that I just can't imagine letting go of.

Anyone have info on how hard it is to import a 1994 180SX?

I looked into this a WHILE ago (bout 3 years ago) on a S13 Silvia K's and ended up not following through cause I got to stay here longer....but I don't think I'll be that lucky this time.

Any links, or advice...or shipping info in general would be helpful.

If I have to she's coming back as a front cut.....but I don't want to do that.

Thanks.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

The only place to go to for DOT approval for the Skyline is Motorex. http://www.motorex.netI'm not sure if this applies to other more common cars, but it's a good start. Chances are is that it's not as expensive with something like the 180.

RedStage
Car: Cars

Can bite me....I've asked them twice already and no responce. Besides the whole "Monopoly Issue" I'd rather not deal with them.

When I talked to "the powers that be" when I was looking into bringing my Silvia over, they said it could only legally stay in the US for one year and would then need to be disposed of by either removing from the country or by destroying it.

Just trying to get ideas right now. Won't know until November - January timeframe if I have to leave Japan or not. Might end up going someplace for a year or two and leaving the family and the car (all of which are JDM) in Japan.....

And thanks for the help and offer for the sandwich ;)

Daunttless

Hit me up on AIM: Daunttless or MSN: [email protected]

I can run a few things by you. : )

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

bring it over for a year..... Oops all the sudden your Jspec has been stolen (sitting in garage), ah your loss sucks.... 3 months later buy a junker or blown red 240sx for as cheap as possible.... Take the VIN plates and what ever off your beater.... Swap them onto your,,, ah i don't know.. possibly some car that you have chillen some where. Destroy your beater... Hrm maybe thats illegal, ;] ;] ;] ;] If i had a car like that i would though

Bandit240
Car: 1980 Datsun 720 King Cab

I was thinking of trying to bring a Silva or 180 that had been ***-ended over here and swaping everything to a USDM 240SX body. If I go for a 180 I want RHD also.

Return to “General Chat”