VE30DE stalling and misfiring

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
cole_grant

I've been experiencing major problems with my VE. At an idle, it sometimes fluctuates as though there's a vacuum leak, and occasionally dies. If I rev it up, the engine misfires at high RPMs and when I let up off the gas. While driving conservatively, the engine often very briefly stalls and resumes normal operation. It feels like I hit something when it happens. When I drive it a little bit harder, the engine sometimes stalls completely. If I hit the gas with it stalled, I can still hear the sound of air rushing into the engine and it will sometimes resume firing. Sometimes when driving, the engine will stall for a few seconds, fire for a second, and repeat, alternatingly lurching me forward and slowing down. The tach drops down to zero once in a while when it stalls also, of course leading me to believe that It's an ignition problem. I have tried replacing plugs, sensors, and checked the "distributor" timing module, but to no avail. Even if you can only guess at what the problem could be, please let me know.

NISTECH

It could be simply a bad ground wire for the ECM. Find your ground lugs try loosening them and resucureing them to make better contact, also with the car idling try wiggling the various harnesses under your hood see if that will effect the idle. could be a bad connection to the airflow meter or the cam position sensor[dist timing module] by wiggling the harnesses you might find one of those looses connection.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”