VDC Slip & ABS lights Code: C1116

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Hi guys,

2009 Rogue

So I have had the VDC Slip and ABS light appear on the dash out of nowhere a few times now. The road wasn't wet any of the times, perfect weather. I was just driving down the highway. I want to say one of the times it happened after hitting a pot hole.

The code reader says DTC C1116 - System ABS - Description STOP LAMP SW - Status current

That is the only code.

I know the Stop Lamp Switch has been an issue on the Rogue's and Nissan's in general. Is that all this is? Do I just need to replace the Stop Lamp switch?

Doing a search on here people who had this problem would have no acceleration, I didn't have that issue. Something else I remember from this forum is that their brake lights weren't working and it was because of the Stop Lamp Switch. Does that mean when this came on I probably didn't have any brake lights?

If I turn the car off and back on the light is gone.

Should I just replace the Stop Lamp Switch?

Thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

darylzero wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 am
Yep. Nissan brake switches are all DPDT, with the two throws working opposite one another. One is normally open and the other normally closed. They're supposed to operate simultaneously, but when one throw gets crappy contacts they can get "out of sync" with one another. Usually it's the throw that powers the brake lights, since that throw carries power to the lamps while the other throw is only a digital signal. The ABS reacts to the discrepancy with a C1116. Replace the switch.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:15 am
darylzero wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 am
Yep. Nissan brake switches are all DPDT, with the two throws working opposite one another. One is normally open and the other normally closed. They're supposed to operate simultaneously, but when one throw gets crappy contacts they can get "out of sync" with one another. Usually it's the throw that powers the brake lights, since that throw carries power to the lamps while the other throw is only a digital signal. The ABS reacts to the discrepancy with a C1116. Replace the switch.
Great thanks for the confirmation VStar!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome, happy motoring!

Return to “Rogue Forum”