VDC kicks in in error?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
vheying
Car: Infiniti G37X 2009

My vehicle is a 2009 G37X sedan with 88,000 miles. Its been a great car with little need for service.

My wife experiences an occasional problem .

The engine starts to chugg/hiccup with a slightly clunk sound, slows down and will not accelerate. It seems as though the anti-skid function (VDC) has kicked in. This condition continues until the car has stopped.

This problem occurs only when:
• The car has been driven for 30 minutes or more
• The weather is near freezing, that is, around 32 degrees or colder
• The car is going up a slight incline, e.g., in interstate off ramp

After the car is stopped and restarted, the problem is gone. The problem does not recur for a several hundred miles

Dorothy sees the ICY signal is displayed when the car is decelerating with this problem.

Because this is an intermittent problem, service cannot duplicate the problem. Service is of no help.

My computer background tells me the problem is either with the VDC sensor(s?) or the computer. My bet is the VDC sensor( s?).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

vheying
Car: Infiniti G37X 2009

When driving on Monday (3/2) the problem recurred with further messages.
When the problem occured these warning lights were lighted:
• Engine Service Soon
• SLIP
• VDC off
When the motor was turned off and immediately restarted, the problem persisted.
After the motor was off for a minute the problem was gone, and the car could be driven.
Can you suggest a way to diagnose this problem?

[email protected]
Car: 2011 Infiniti G25x

Had similar problem. Found that brake fluid was down a bit. Topped it up - full.

End of problem.

I think that on curves and acceleration the fluid "sloshed around" and actuated the stability control.

It's been >10,000 miles and no re-currence.

Hope this helps.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”