varsol to clean road grime and tar?

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I spoke with a auto dealer today about getting the road tar and rough debris off the bottom of my doors on my black Rogue and told me I could use Varsol and it would make the finish smooth again and then re apply the wax. Has anyone here used varsol to clean there car and did it damage the paint? I was hoping to try a clay bar first but he mentioned you might get scratches in the clear coat if you do not use it right and with the correct spray. Would like to get the paint smooth again so I can apply more wax.

Chaluska

Jostudly wrote:I spoke with a auto dealer today about getting the road tar and rough debris off the bottom of my doors on my black Rogue and told me I could use Varsol and it would make the finish smooth again and then re apply the wax. Has anyone here used varsol to clean there car and did it damage the paint? I was hoping to try a clay bar first but he mentioned you might get scratches in the clear coat if you do not use it right and with the correct spray. Would like to get the paint smooth again so I can apply more wax.
that guy is a freaking idiot. :spitout:

you would never see a real detail shop use varsol to clean paint. not unless they were trying to strip it

go buy a basic clay bar kit (mcguiars or whatever) for 20 bucks, and use it as directed.

you will get scratches, but thats why you have polish

Return to “Detailing Forum”