Valve cover gasket replacement

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

@TDot - Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics for disassembly. I will try to take pics during the installation and post the pics in reverse order. The write up job is pretty much the FSM, as this is what I used for the removal process.

midnightclub619

I want to clean the interior plenum since it has a bunch of dried up oil. Does anyone know what product would be good to clean it out? I've watched a few youtube videos but they just say to get a cleaner without mentioning the product name. I want to clean this out before I start the installation of the valve covers.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Any cleaner or soap that cuts through oil works (which is most of them). You can even use brake cleaner spray that makes it a bit easier since it sprays nicely.

Or with the lower plentum off the car, use some sandpaper and get it off that way. This has the added benefit of smoothing out the inside so you get better airflow. Spray it all off with air before you put it back on the engine cause you dont want any of that grit getting into the engine.

midnightclub619

Nice! thanks. will go that route.

midnightclub619

Happy New Years Eve all!

so I didn't get a chance to take any pics for the install but it is what SStroud90 mentioned previously. I followed the FSM with no issues. However, I did get a bunch of CEL's after the install. I have checked all the plugs to make sure I didn't miss anything during the installation process.

I have done the following:
Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning
Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
Idle Air Volume Learning

The car idles fine at 650-660rpm's. I can drive around just fine without it dying. so I got 2 issues after the install which I'm not sure if due to the installation...
- when I start the car it takes a few seconds for it start. Not sure if it's lack of fuel to start.
- I get the following codes P0345, P1815, P0615

the P0345 is the Camshaft Position Sensor Bank 2 which I have already replaced and still getting this error. I know that the P1815 and P0615 are related to the transmission and I didn't have any issues with that prior to this. So I'm still trying to find out why I'm having these CEL's.

Could this be due to any blown fuses when I reconnected the battery?

midnightclub619

I'm curious if it could also be a fuel pressure issue. I removed the fuse to the fuel pump and cranked it 3 times then reinserted the fuse. but still having the same issue.

midnightclub619

Update Resolution:
I finally had some time to retrace my installation and found that I did not reconnect one connector on the wiring harness that goes to the Camshaft Position sensor bank 2. It was really hard to see and that is why I missed it when reconnecting all the connections during the installation. Bank 2 sits right underneath the Throttle Body, so from the Driver side it is a little tight to get down there to plug it in. I went from the passenger side and felt around for the connector and plugged it into the Bank 2 Sensor.

I cleared the codes again and ran the car for over 40 mins while running some errands and no code ever came back. So as long as you follow the steps above and do not miss connecting any of the plugs you will be good to go. Here is a good video for reference (this one is for a G35) for visual if needed.

Hope this helps

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”