Value of 04 G35 coupe

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
rheider
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe
custom front end, wheels, & exhaust

Hi all, my name is Rich, new to this forum. I know this isn't a car selling site, but I'm trying to get an idea of the value of my 04 G35 coupe. It is a great ride, runs great after 137000 miles on it. It also has some add ons such as custom wheels, exhaust, and front end grill. The cosmetics are rough, it should be repainted and the interior needs to be cleaned/conditioned. I put the factory wheels back on it last week when Imhad new tires put on it. Both sets of wheels will go to a new owner. Overall, it has been very reliable and is VERY fun to drive.

I inherited this car from my former boss, who tragically died 6 years ago. It was his baby. I would never want to post this car on a generic used car for sale site, because I would only want it to go to a true G35 coupe lover.
All that given, what do you feel would be a reasonable sales price for this car to a private party, and also do any of you know someone who would love to own this car. I'm in Orange County CA.

Also, how do I post pictues of the car to this forum?

Thanks for your attention,

Rich

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Hi Rich -

Having bought and sold a TON of cars in my years (including an 04 G Coupe), my stock answer is this:

It's worth exactly what someone pays you for it. I realize that's not terribly helpful, but here's some additional pointers:

The aftermarket parts add zero value - some may be excited to see them, some may see them as a detriment. Also, it's not up to you who buys it - G Coupe lover or not, whoever get it, gets it (odds are, if they're not a fan, they won't buy it). Lastly, the backstory, while useful if you were keeping it, won't help (or hurt) its value.

With that said, I'd look at similar-condition cars on AutoTrader, Cars.com, and Facebook marketplace, and also price it out (private party value) on KBB. Then I'd take good photos, price it $1k over the average of those numbers, list it, and let the market do the rest.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

p.s. You'll want to mention if it's a manual or automatic as well.

rheider
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe
custom front end, wheels, & exhaust

Thanks for the tips - my first move will be to try to move it in my circle of acquantances.

I really don't want to deal with all the inquiries that you receive from an internet post, and I'm sure that a dealer lot will lowball me on the trade in value.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

rheider wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:18 am
Thanks for the tips - my first move will be to try to move it in my circle of acquantances.

I really don't want to deal with all the inquiries that you receive from an internet post, and I'm sure that a dealer lot will lowball me on the trade in value.
Try to avoid dealer trade in price at all costs.
In a pinch I have found that Carmax can give higher prices for buying cars than "normal" dealers (they also sell them for quite a bit higher) and its easy in and out for you as a used car seller.
BUT this applies only for cars that "fit" their busienssmodel.

A 16-17 year old G does not.
I still regret selling my high miles but immaculate 2003 G35 to them 4 years back.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”