Vacuum Bleeding Brakes on G37

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
MichaelinGA
Car: 2010 G37 Convertible

1990 Q45 Touring

1999 G20t

Is it safe to use a vacuum bleeder when changing the brake fluid on my 2010 Infiniti G37? I have used this tool, a Swiss made vacuum bleeder, on a lot of cars. But I once encountered a problem using it to bleed the brakes on my 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71 where it sucks air into the system, presumably past a seal between the brake fluid reservoir and the master cylinder. I can find no information regarding vacuum bleeding in the factory manual. It neither advises nor prohibits the use of such a tool and describes two-person bleeding with one person pumping the brake pedal while the other uses a hose and a glass jar at each caliper. Has anyone used a vacuum bleeder on a G37? Has anyone heard of problems encountered after using a vacuum bleeder on this car?

I also have a pressure bleeding system and would equally be interested in others' experiences using that tool on a G37.

Michael

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I wouldn't think there'd be any issues with that... However, it does specifically say not to use a vacuum bleeder on the clutch system (which doesn't apply here)..

I've tried those vacuum bleeders and I haven't been super impressed. This is what I use, and it works great every time.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/oes- ... aQod6DENmg

MotorvateDIY
Car: 2011 G37 Sport Sedan

I use slight pressure from a garden sprayer (about 5-10 psi) or just do it the old way and get someone to pump the brakes when you tell them to.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”