v8 swap

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
badbuck
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx hatch

just wondering if anyone has done a swap and put in a carbureted v8 in a 93 coupe.

GO240
Car: 1990/1/2/3/4/5/7 240sx lol

drop a 350 in it all you need is a battery and a throttle cable runs like a champ

Rex
Car: None

Moved to Hybrids.

bleakdragonmage

yep. the hardest part is getting the electrical clean and removing everything that doesnt need to be there. Getting it running is simple.

Ground Battery+ Terminal to StarterHook up starter signal wire to starterLoop alternator excitor wire and put main wire on battery terminalLocate dizzy power wire and connect to coil/HEI(depending on what you do)Wire any misc. autometer guages you use

Start car.

Joe

LOL cause its just that easy! no fabrication for mounts, driveshaft, hoses, tunnel modifications, pan or crossmember mods or a clutch/transmission control setup needed!

you guys are nuts.

bleakdragonmage

Joe wrote:LOL cause its just that easy! no fabrication for mounts, driveshaft, hoses, tunnel modifications, pan or crossmember mods or a clutch/transmission control setup needed!

you guys are nuts.
Actually...putting the 350 in my Z wasnt terribly hard. Fabricating mounts is probably the most difficult. Followed by the oil pan clearence for Schassis. My z chassis was no problem but then its a rear sump. THe driveshaft is a simple task of measuring and taking the yolk/diff flange to the driveshaft shop and saying "here...put this together with this at this length..." Tunnel mod is taken care of with a small sledge depending on the trans used. Clutch/trans control is only really for manual. Auto trans is cake. TH350+Ratchet shifter=done and done.

Joe

i didnt say it was difficult, im just saying its a LOT harder than "hook up the battery and go!"

Pdawg
Car: Grand Prix GTP - 240sx envy

Can you do a v8 swap without expensive tools including a welder and no fabrication experience/skill?

540sx
Car: 240SX

you will probably need to purchase a swap kit , from the many places listed on this website. mckinney, hinson and I think silk. If all the brackets and mounts you need are not purchased prefabbed as in a kit(ready to bolt on), you will definately at least need to get someone to come for a day and weld in motor mounts and make a trans mount.

FAST-DATSUN

Our SBC swap kit requires no fab work for engine and trans mounting, it is a bolt in kit, you only need to pound in the trans tunnel some depending on what trans and bellhousing you chose...

Return to “Hybrids”